• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putting on weight

boyd435

Reaction score
As of late I feel like I have an eating disorder or either I have a small appetite. Either or, I really need to put on weight mainly for personal confidence and to fit better clothing brands
smile.gif

I need some advice on how the hell to put on weight. Its not like I'm a skinny runt, I'm around 145lb, but its more or less all muscle because I did weight lifting during school and theres barely any fat, it looks good and all when you have no clothes on but with clothes it looks drowned on me.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eat donuts.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnysmith0009
It is very good topic for discussion. It is very interesting for every one who want to know about it. Here i am sharing some of my thoughts about it.

* Eat more food. In order to put weight on your ribs, you must increase your calories.
* Avoid high amounts of cardio. If you are trying to put weight on your ribs, then doing high amounts of cardio will be counterproductive
* Do serratus pushdowns. Stand in front of a lat machine with the straight bar on the high setting.
* Do some side crunches on a BOSU. A BOSU is a functional training tool that looks like a Swiss ball that has been cut in half
* Do some pullovers. Sit on a Swiss ball with a dumbbell in your hands. Hold it with your hands flat on the inside of one of the weighted ends

2/5

Eat moar (id est: 5 meals/day + gallon of whole milk/day)
Don't run a lot
Lift heavy things (squats, deads, bench)

iDShaDoW

Reaction score
I agree with Kajak.

Eat more meals throughout the day (smaller meals unless you can stomach the big meals that many times).

Milk is lots of easy calories, try making your own weight gainer shakes (milk, whey protein, bananas, peanut butter, etc.). You can just chug the shake and get in a bunch of calories instead of sitting there trying to stuff your face when you're not feeling hungry or still feel full.

Cut running down to like once or twice a week if you can just to retain some of your cardio endurance (more than that will hinder the speed at which you can put on weight).

Just keep at it, in time you'll get used to eating more and feel hungry more often. I'm in the same boat as you though, my eating habits are all out of wack and I've been losing some of the gains I've been fighting tooth and nail for.

robbz9206

Reaction score
what are some more ideas for weight gaining? i like the idea of peanut butter, banana, milk or soy milk smoothie going to try that after lunch...

Rice pudding.. rreally? Whats the deal

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbz9206
what are some more ideas for weight gaining? i like the idea of peanut butter, banana, milk or soy milk smoothie going to try that after lunch...

Use almond or rice milk instead of soy.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbz9206

Starch, dairy, and sugar. Yummy and extremely fattening. It's my only weakness in the food world. (well, Pizza too).

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
2/5

Eat moar (id est: 5 meals/day + gallon of whole milk/day)
Don't run a lot
Lift heavy things (squats, deads, bench)

+1. Also I love the 2nd language poasts.

About 2 months ago I started bulking. Eat a **** ton and binge on protein, then hit the gym as hard as you can with compound lifts. Thus far I'm at 177 from 157. Beginner gains were quick and fun. All of my major lifts are still progressing. But I'm stagnant at 175-177. Looking back I may have over-eaten to start, I didn't pay attention to calories and a lot of my days were probably well over 5k calories. As a result my body kinda kicked back at me and I lost my appetite for 2 weeks or so. But now I'm back to around 4k a day and having a ball...

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
These people may be able to help:

www.bigguts.com

Specifically this thread:

http://www.bigguts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116

contains jewels such as:

I'm not sure if anyone heard about this, but apparently if you eat while in bed, the feeling of weightlessness will hinder the sensations of fullness while heightening the appetite by 23%. Something to think about if you're gaining.
and

Drinking 3-4 Glasses of HOT water BEFORE (or in the morn) expands your belly thus after peeing it out allows you to eat even more
Productive day at work here..

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You, sir, are in need of some quality Afghan kush.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads