• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putting on weight

AlbertCamus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I see what both of you are saying, but it still just comes down to the fact that there will always be better alternatives out there.

Not only are there far easier (and probably cheaper) ways of consuming calories rather than drinking an entire gallon of milk, those other ways won't make you want to vomit every time you look at a glass of milk.

I disagree. Milk is 800 calories/$. The only cheaper option, besides obvious things like oats and rice, is peanut butter (1500). But the cost is really not relevant here, it's (for me at least) being able to get it down. The idea of eating 2400 calories worth of whole grains, meat, and vegetables in addition to what I already eat is ridiculous and untenable. Yeah, drinking a gallon of milk makes me feel a little sick but I haven't found a more practical source of surplus calories.

Does that **** about drinking hot water and eating in bed really work? I could truly use some tips to increase my appetite because I'm pretty sure my diet is bottlenecking me at this point.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlbertCamus
The idea of eating 2400 calories worth of whole grains, meat, and vegetables in addition to what I already eat is ridiculous and untenable.
Good luck in the world of weight gain, it sounds like this might be an issue for you. I could eat 2400 calories by noon. Incorporate some protein shakes if you need to that use natural peanut butter, whole milk, olive oil, protein powder, berries, etc.
Yeah, drinking a gallon of milk makes me feel a little sick but I haven't found a more practical source of surplus calories.
Look harder, because many other people have. I've known a lot of people that compete in body building/power lifting and I've never met one that has ever done the gallon of milk a day diet.
Does that **** about drinking hot water and eating in bed really work? I could truly use some tips to increase my appetite because I'm pretty sure my diet is bottlenecking me at this point.
I don't know what you can do to increase your appetite, other than smoking pot. You might be full all day long, depending on your calorie requirements, but that's just the way it goes. Eating earlier in the day and staying up later to eat would help. If your first meal isn't until 11am and you go to bed at 10pm, you've really limited the amount of hours to have to eat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads