• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Put This On's "Style & Fashion" Drawings

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
I really like aspects of the site "Put This On" (putthison.com) as I'm sure many of you do, too.

I'm curious to know what people think of their "Style & Fashion" drawings series, particularly this most recent one: https://putthison.com/style-fashion-drawings-with-glenn-au-of-juniors/

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the series; I don't see what animating the "story" (to the extent that there is a narrative) adds to the experience (if anything - it seems to detract; and I'm not talking about animation in general, I'm talking about this series in particular). Some of the comic-rendered vignettes are relatable, but it seems like a good deal of work for very little payoff. The one posted today about Glenn Au of Juniors doesn't flatter either the product, nor the designer.

Other comic strips they've done seem like unfinished thoughts.

I'm probably missing the point.

It's also curious that their articles and features never allow users to post comments. I think I'd visit (and engage with) the site much more if they did. Maybe they just don't want to read posts like this one.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mostly enjoy them. They are fun distractions by people who enjoy clothes and have cartoonist jobs on the side. Jesse doesn't give assignments or editorialize the content. They're like a tweet that gets drawn for enjoyment. I don't think there is any specific point to get or not get.

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. I tend to look for meaning in all the wrong places.

Best

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
I did LOL at how they kind of did Glenn Au dirty. Monkey ears and what appear to be sideburns?

abkain

Reaction score
I tend to like the comic strips (mostly the ones by Ryan Cecil). Just fun, easy content that makes me chuckle at times when the main character comments or has thoughts that sound like the SF echo-chamber. ;)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.