• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Put This On Season Two

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Season Two of Put This On starts March 13th. We spent about two and a half weeks shooting six episodes in three cities chose by our readers (and folks here): New York, Milan and London. We're starting in New York, then heading to Europe.

We paid for this little video out of our own pockets, with our friend comedian/author/This American Life contributor Dave Hill at the Ralph Lauren show at NYC fashion week:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Probably not representative of the tone of the rest of the series, but we always have fun doing stuff with Dave, who's one of the funniest guys around.

We also managed to get a couple extra shoots into our schedule in New York, and we're releasing those as previews of our new season.

They're both a new segment we're doing called "PTO Man," a short, simple profile of a man we think is particularly interesting and elegant. The first one, which we just released moments ago, is Sean Crowley, a designer for a major brand in NYC (rhymes with Palph Borin') who's a borderline obsessive collector of vintage neckwear. He has an amazing apartment that's bursting at the seams with vintage gentleman stuff... anyway, you can see that for yourself here.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

We'll have a similar piece later this week with Bruce Boyer, also a sort of preview to the main event next week.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
I hope he has some of his humor in the rest of the series, that was pretty good!

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the dave hill bit is actually really hilarious

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Looking forward to it! I'm a big fan of PTO.

Thank you!

I've been working on the edit of the first episode, and I think you'll really like it. Our main piece is about a really cool clothing subculture that was born in NYC. Don't want to reveal to much. And there's a special came in our Q&Answer segment from a celebrity fan.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
enjoyed season 1
can't wait to watch season 2

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking forward to it since the end of season 1. Can't wait!

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Here's our PTO Man segment with menswear legend G. Bruce Boyer.

(by the way: these aren't excerpts from season two, these are in addition to season two. we were able to carve enough time out of our shooting schedule in NYC to shoot these extra segments.)

Last edited:

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Really, this latest video is only 95 seconds, and I'm very proud of it.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any chance a pair of BBBF saddles make it on the air? :D

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Were those yours? I paid top dollar for those mf'ers.

They won't make the air - definitely bought them after we finished shooting. Very happy with them, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads