• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Put This On Episode 4: Grooming

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Episode 4 of PTO is very health & body oriented. Would love your thoughts.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As always, a very well put together series.

Sucks that we have to wait so long in between them, but totally understandable given the quality and effort put into each one.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Edwin Jagger shaving products as well. Good stuff.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
As always, a very well put together series.

Sucks that we have to wait so long in between them, but totally understandable given the quality and effort put into each one.

They'll be once a month for the next three months, then we'll be resetting for season two. Honestly haven't decided how we're going to pay for that yet
smile.gif

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, as I do all your episodes and the blog itself. The only thing I would have liked to have seen is something about proper care of your hands (particularly nails).

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome video
teacha.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
putting your jacket back on at the barber's (2:55) looks like there's some extra fabric on the top at the back of the collar/neck area. Is that Sprezz I see with your tie or just skinny blade longer than the thick?

I find some topics are skimmed over while others are too in depth. Eg the shaving part made a half attempt to actually teach wetshaving but probably would have been better spent talking about the general practice, tools, prices, benefits, etc instead of a how to instruction. Cologne can be good, so isntead of just one second saying 'don't wear too much' you could have talked about where to go to try them out, some of the more popular and niche names, how to figure out what you like, etc.

you really could do a whole set of vids on grooming... when I think of grooming, you could cover everything from how to shine shoes, to how to iron, to hairstyles/faceshapes, how to clean common stains (eg wine, sweaty collar), manicure/pedicure, oral tools, etc.

don't get me wrong, I love your overall demenour and style and I think the vids are VERY well produced, but the content is a little all over the place IMO.

PS - lol at 9:13, the camera guy catching his reflection in the mirror...

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite good, but I think the background music is too much in the foreground again.

AAP

Reaction score
Enjoyable as usual, PTO. Of the episodes so far, I think that the best bits have been the interviews. Keep on trucking!

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AAP
Enjoyable as usual, PTO. Of the episodes so far, I think that the best bits have been the interviews. Keep on trucking!

The next episode has two really cool interviews. I think you will enjoy them.

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Episode 4 of PTO is very health & body oriented. Would love your thoughts.

The only nit I have is that I think one should spend time working up their lather on their face and not in the bowl. Get some shave soap on the badger brush in 5-8 seconds, and spend 2 minutes putting it on your face. That allows for the soap to really be worked in and cover every hair. I don't end up with a lather in the bowl itself.

Great episode.

AAP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
The next episode has two really cool interviews. I think you will enjoy them.

Looking forward to them.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recommendations on the other pieces to buy? Saw you put a link to the DE razor on your site today. I'm very interested in picking up this shaving method as the mach 3 doesn't get close enough for me. My facial hair comes in very thick. I'd love to get that super smooth shave, think Bale's great wake-up scene in American Psycho.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads