• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purple Label Ralph Lauren

aleeboy

Reaction score
I have a shirt from RLPL and it is very unique. The cut I would describe as classic in a modern way and the variety of colours they come in is second to none. I am definitely going to purchase another if the price is right. Did they say it was expensive?

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
How much for one?

Are we talking Borrelli-good?

If by "Borrelli-good" you mean that the sleeves will fall off after just a few wearings/washings because of the inept hand-sewing, then no, they are not.

But about Purple Label generally, I've found that I don't buy as much from the line as I used to. I really liked their first few years of tailored clothing, which were made by Chester Barrie. I do not doubt that the Saint Andrews ones are "better" in most ways, but I really liked the cuts of the CB ones as well as the "99% wool, 1% cashmere" fabric they seemed to use quite a lot. I imagine some future family member will be wearing my old CB RLPL stuff someday.

I also like the shirts. Here, I think they have improved over time from the original British-made ones. (Who made them, anyway? T&A?)

The cashmere is pretty nice, especially when you get it for 80% off. Somebody earlier put it between Pringle and Loro Piana, I disagree in that I prefer Pringle to either of the Italian brands, but that's just preference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads