• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

JFC multiquote please. I'm also still debating if you're a troll or if you just have no clue based on previous posts in other threads.

I am NOT a troll!:)

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spoiler + multiquote are your friends, dude.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Just some quick evo pics. PBJ XX-005 from May 2012, washed about 5 times. Reinforced stitching once.

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

we have a first timer over here

You're right, but I have more posts than you, haha

I'm a quick learner..and I've been wearing jeans for 35 years, Pbjs since 2010...

:):):)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just some quick evo pics. PBJ XX-005 from May 2012, washed about 5 times. Reinforced stitching once.
Wow, they look fantastic! If the first picture is true to life, they are a gorgeous colour, I'm on my second pair of purple face (sold the first very sadly because they were too big), bought in December 2012, but I rotate 5 pairs, so they're fading, but not as much as your Pbjs. I like!!!:)

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right, but I have more posts than you, haha

It is not about the amount of posts that makes a contribution to the forums, it is about the content of the posts that matters.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It is not about the amount of posts that makes a contribution to the forums, it is about the content of the posts that matters.

Please stop this; I'm on the forum to make like minded friends, not enemies:)

Truce

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then contribute.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Wow, they look fantastic!

If the first picture is true to life, they are a gorgeous colour, I'm on my second pair of purple face (sold the first very sadly because they were too big), bought in December 2012, but I rotate 5 pairs, so they're fading, but not as much as your Pbjs.

I like!!!
smile.gif

Thanks. I love the slubbiness of this denim and the awesome fades that come with it.

ErikW

Reaction score
Considering picking up either an XX-009 or XX-007. Anyone have any thoughts on the two models?

Also, for sizing reference, I'm a 32 in my Momotaros (0701/0702), and they're pretty close to a perfect fit. Any recommendations for sizing for those who have both?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Considering picking up either an XX-009 or XX-007. Anyone have any thoughts on the two models?

Also, for sizing reference, I'm a 32 in my Momotaros (0701/0702), and they're pretty close to a perfect fit. Any recommendations for sizing for those who have both?

Pure Blue Japan stretch out a lot, but have very slim thighs

Only size down if you've got skinny legs or you' won't be able to breathe!

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look at the One Wash sizing charts at Blue In Green to determine which size you need. Then take that size for the raw model. Thigh measurement is key on the 007 cut. 009 is somewhat fuller cut.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads