1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

+2 for Blue Owl.

Okayama Denim sells PBJ too, might want to check them out

2. ivada

ivada Member

Just got my XX-012s Indigo/Indigo and loving them!! I got them one-wash, and I do need to get them hemmed. In your experience (those who bought one-wash) did you experience shrinking (especially hem) again when you washed? Just trying to figure out whether I should hem it to the length I want or a couple inches more in case they shrink when I wash.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

3. Bower

Bower Senior member

Any experience with the new slim fit 18 oz?

4. Nicholo P

Nicholo P Member

I've got the 18oz 013 fit. Thighs are quite slim. The fabric shrinks considerably but is quick to stretch out after 1 wear. The low tension weave makes it feel lighter than 18oz.

Cheers

5. dinfinite

dinfinite Member

Hey guys I need some advice. I accidentally spilled an Oreo shake all over my jeans [​IMG]
    They're 4 months in and I haven't washed them. Could I spot clean it or do I let it be and ride it out?

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Dear lord wash your pants

6 people like this.
  7. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

Hand wash em man. Ain't nobody wanna smell dairy in the heat. Plus it'll be good for the denim.

8. dinfinite

dinfinite Member

Will they still be the same or will they fade? They're still pretty dark. I'm just skeptic about washing them early, I don't want to damage them. This is my first pair and I already messed them up haha

9. 1907jb

1907jb Well-Known Member

Cold water with minimal agitation. From my experience, the first wash sometimes makes the blue hue deeper because some of the dye gets into the white weft, esp. if they're raw and unsoaked

10. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

they are jeans. you spilled a dairy based product on them. just wash them

12. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Does anyone own both the 013 and 011s? Want to know if I should take the same size in both....

13. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I think I'm ready to enter to PBJ world but need some sizing advice if you don't mind. My favorite fitting jeans are Rogue Territory’s SK which have the following measurements: waist: 16.5”, upper thigh: 11.75"-12”, knee: 7.57"-8" and leg opening: 7”. I’m looking at the unique purple color 014 in slim tapered, and I like the cobalt blue 017 but I do you think those would be too similar to my SK over-dyed? Anyway, it looks like a size 31 (maybe 30) in raw and a size 33 in one wash are pretty close to my Rogue Territory measurements. However, once they are washed, will those measurements shrink for good or shrink and then go back out to the listed measurements? Could you give me some tips here? I may have to taper the leg opening some to get that SK taper at teh bottom, but I'm more concerned with the waist and thigh measurements. Thanks.

14. jlchau

jlchau Senior member

The one washed pretty much have all the shrink out of them (hot industrial washer), but certain areas like the waist can stretch back out to raw measurements if need be. People always suggest to size for the thighs, since post soak they don't really stretch out that much. Hope this helps.

15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

This is helpful, thanks. I may just go with a one wash to take most of the guesswork out of it. Really like the purple and cobalt!

16. pljaskin

pljaskin New Member

I want to buy jeans PBJ. but I do not know what model to choose. I wear a size 27 APC PS, but I want to buy a model slightly wider leg opening
    not too wide. approximately (width leg opening) as it looks in the photo
    Prompt please the model

[​IMG]

17. jlchau

jlchau Senior member

Best bet is probably to check the measurements on a site like Denimio. I only have experience with their tapered slim cut (XX-012/013/AI-003) and APC PNS. I think that cut or the cigg slim cut/015 could possibly work for you.

18. JFetter

JFetter Senior member

I've come here for advice.
    I've always been a skinny dude, so I never thought I'd be saying this....

A year ago my size 30 XX-005 stopped fitting my thighs. This is from doing squats in the gym.

I switched to size 33 XX-013 which right off the bat has a 1/2" fuller thigh than the 005, and this pair's waist is 3 times bigger!!!

Well... now this pair is getting tight in the thighs, not to mention the waist is loose.

Now, I am still not big and muscley my any means, I'm just a 6'3 190lb with slightly more muscle than I used to have. [​IMG]

I hate to switch brands, because I love everything about my PBJs. The color, the slub, the leaf.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  19. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

PBJs thighs are annoyingly slim in basically all their cuts. Downside of the brand.

1 person likes this.
  20. JFetter

JFetter Senior member

I just discovered they have a fuller cut model, the 003. Still not sure if it will work well though. It's frustrating to spend a lot of $$ on clothes that take a long time to break in, and you can't wear them by the time they start to look their best.

1 person likes this.