• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

sillyboybmxer

Reaction score
those in the picture do not look like they have a straight leg though
confused.gif

i was set on them but i kept seeing pictures of the legs eating shoes(big leg openings) so i started looking at the tapered fits

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

those in the picture do not look like they have a straight leg though:confused:
i was set on them but i kept seeing pictures of the legs eating shoes(big leg openings) so i started looking at the tapered fits

The leg opening on the smaller sizes don't eat shoes :)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cut looks good on you. Congrats on the pickup.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you post them, reviews will come.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I am a premium denim neophyte. Decided to buy some "nice" denim.

I now have two pair of PBJ jeans, both purchased in the last few weeks from the good folks at Blue in Green:

First is the AI 001. Very heavy, yet still comfortable. Fabric has an interesting hand. Yarns are hand dyed with some wonderful ancient Japanese secret process that dyes the yarn to the core. Not sure why this is important, but I paid extra for it anyway because I'm sort of a sucker for anything old school and "crafty."

Second pair is the X 009 Slightly less heavy. Fabric is very very dark blue. Apparently woven completely of dark threads in both weft and warp.

Fit on both pair is good on me. I was worried because I have a big butt and big thighs, but the cut on these is just about perfect. Wearing them cuffed.

I can tell it's going to be a long process of breaking in and fading on these jeans, but I'm very much looking forward to the results.

Will post some pics when I get the chance.

I love my Pbjs too!

I've got the Purple Face, which I've had since 2012, fading nicely, but the denim isn't as good as my 21oz custom Kurabos

I think they'll go on the knees when they rotate to become my principle pair though:)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

All pictures here courtesy of PBJ. XX-005 one wash - their most popular slim fit jean (slim through the thigh to the knee, but then remains straight fit from the knee to the hem, made of slubby denim) XX-010 purple face, one wash - same cut as the XX-005 Pics of the XX-010 (left) next to the XX-005 (right). Currently no PBJ jeans have acruates, instead only a single embroidered leaf on the top left of the back right pocket. Atsui is officially carrying PBJ and both these models will arrive in Atsui's first shipment, ETA Friday 10-31-2008.
Purple face is really cool, and I love the cute indigo leaf as well.:)

herzzreh

Reaction score
Majorly messed up sizing on mine... one-wash 003s, tagged size 33, inseam 30. $200. Worn for less than 24 hours. Any takers?

herzzreh

Reaction score
Forgot how well these stretch, got a somewhat loose one-wash, stretched out to a point where even braces barely hold them up right. Can fit a whole palm in the waist. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads