1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I haven't had a chance to check Rakuten but it's a definite possibility, or if you're lucky from one of the other Pure Blue Japan stockists in the world...:)

2. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

These jeans just get better with age..

Whilst my more expensive jeans wear out, these just get more purple, and have had no mending whatsoever!

Much better than the first pair which I had and was forced to sell because they fitted so badly!:)

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

4. sillyboybmxer

sillyboybmxer Senior member

All the new 012s have a white leaf instead of the blue one just an fyi

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

just push them up your calves like accordion style as if you were going to wade into some shallow water or whatever. I suppose you could lightly spray them a bit, but then squat down to kind of squish the stacks... I dunno seems to work for me.

6. Will19

Will19 Member

Havent tried pbj jeans, but this sweatshirt is sick. Loopwheeler with indigo gradation. Pbj is great in their indigo[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I totally agree - their Japanese website is amazing although basic.

If I wore skirts still there is a really cute indigo "postman's mini skirt"

I once got Gordon to price it out for me but it was very expensive for not much denim - although I'd wear it so rarely is probably have it for life!!:)

8. jittery zeitgeist

jittery zeitgeist Well-Known Member

Finally in mid April I'll make my way over the atlantic and visit america for three months.
    I also want to step up my denim game and have my eyes on some pbjs.

It'll probably be some XX-013JP // XX-013 // XX-011 Left Hand Slim from BiG.

Can you tell me the differences between those three pairs? The fit seems quite the same..

I also don't know whether I should get them raw or one washed. I know that raw has "more character" but soaking them on my own seems like a gamble to me.
    My usual strategy is to get a sanforized pair that fits decently in the leg and snug in the waist for the account of stretch in this area..

Here are the direct links:
    http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...facturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...facturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  9. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

@jittery zeitgeist The fit on all three of those pairs is going to be exactly the same. They're all the same cut. The 13's use the normal PBJ denim so they've got a slubby texture. The only difference between the 013 and the 013JP is the leather on the patch and the color of the indigo leaf on your ass. 011's have a grey weft and are a smooth texture.

As for raw vs. one wash, I'd probably go with the one wash. Less mental stress about having to do a hot wash and shrink them down and hope the fit turns out good. One wash PBJ's have basically had all the shrinkage taken out of them so as long as you can fit into a pair, they should stretch out where you need the extra room. PBJ's in general stretch pretty fast too. Given your usual strategy, I think you'd be happier with a pair of one wash.

10. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

I have the xx-13 in black on black. Denim has a fantastic texture unlike any denim I've felt. Wear them almost every day.

11. fishtacologin

fishtacologin Senior member

Any idea how often Denimio restocks PBJ?

12. jittery zeitgeist

jittery zeitgeist Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer!

So it's basically slubby vs. smoothness denim.

Can anyone say when BiG will get a restock on these?

13. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

I’m considering buying a pair of PBJ jeans in raw with with indigo warp and weft. Still not sure whether to get the 007 or 009 model. Currently I tend more towards the 009 as I don’t want to wear a ball-breaker and my tights might look like stuffed sausages in a 007. On the other hand I am looking for a slim pair of jeans...

So far, working backwards through the thread has been helpful. If I choose the 009, I would size down one to 29.

On photos the 009 seems to have rather wide leg openings. The sizing info for OW models on the BIG website says 7.5 inch, which would be fine but I read here that a raw model does not shrink down to the size of a OW model. How much shrinkage can I expect at the leg opening and knee over the first few soaks?

p.s.
    After measuring jeans that fit me well (APC NS 29 and KM Rocker 29 and LVC47 32) and comparing them with the PJB measurements, it is interesting to see what a big difference in fit and appearance a fraction of an inch can make.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  14. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

According to Gordon, PBJ Raw shrinks 7-8% if that helps?

I'd love to try their raw, but they only do one wash in my size (0)!:)

15. fishtacologin

fishtacologin Senior member

How much of a difference does leg opening make? I'm looking at getting a pair of PBJ xx-012 in size 30, but all of the pairs that are available have a raw leg opening of 7.5 in / 19cm. I was hoping for something closer to 7 in / 18cm.

Would that extra cm or half an inch really make much of a difference in terms of the taper? My best fitting pair of pants has a leg opening of 6.875".

I'm probably going to have to get them hemmed to a 28" to 28.5" inseam if I want to wear them with a single cuff too. Would that mean I'd have to get them tapered regardless of what the leg opening measures if a want a tapered fit?

16. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Even a 0.2" difference is sgnificant for me. Or maybe I'm just anal about these kind of things.

17. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

1/2" is insignificant really - if you taper them anyway then you can have whatever leg opning you want.

Raw will shrink though so soak them or wash them before you cut them, or you might not get them on again!:)

18. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

Yes, a fraction of an inch makes a difference in fit. I would not have my jeans tapered. These jeans are designed a certain way and when you change the design it will probably look unbalanced. Get a pair that is a good fit for you right away.

19. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

A half an inch is actually a full inch, given that you're measuring them flat. But I think it wouldn't make much of a difference., it sort of depends on how the thighs fit.

Also if you are hemming that much you'll want to measure where that would fall, so your actual leg opening might be as much as 8-8.5" unless they fall straight from the knee.

It is difficult to find raw japanese denim in a good slim tapered cut -- I'm actually not sure that's where I'd look for a cut you describe, seems like "fashion" brands like Dior, APC, Acne do it better, though you are compromising on "interesting" denim fabrics a little.

20. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

^ I think momotaro has some skinny tapered cuts..