• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pure Blue Japan xx009s

9 months of wear, 2 washes, 1 soak

Brand new camera, so still figuring out settings and processes. I like the more saturated images better.

malaujai

Reaction score
Well I bought mine back in Dec 2010, but yes, they are from BiG and they are left hand twill and grey weft

Hmmm after their initial soak and a couple of washes... It should be safe to wear these with a fresh pair of white CP's right (in terms of bleeding...)? lol

Last edited:

Fortysomething

Reaction score

My pbj x-011 prbably about 10/11 months of wear.. 2 wash / 2 soak
Nice pics....how often do you wear them? Everyday? Six days a week? 3 - 4 tiems a week? Just curious how much wear you give them in the 10/11 months of time.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Probably 4-5 times week.. right now im only wearing them 2-3 times a week. This jeans fade fast.....

maalox

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the 011/013 cut to the APC NC cut? Looking at the measurements it seems they are very similar except the 011/013 is more tapered below the knee. I have NC in a 33 and they are a bit too tight in the lower thigh and a bit too loose in the waist (after stretching), but I can live with them. If the 011/013 thigh is any roomier I think it would be the perfect cut for me.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PBJxx009 fit:

Had to play with the lighting to get some definition on the jean to show up - only place outside to really set down the camera to get a decent shot is backlit.

jehuti2468

Reaction score
hey guys i need help alot here..
im thinking of getting pbj xx011 as my first japanese denim but im pretty blind bout d sizing
i read alot n i still cant made up my mind whether i shud go for size 30 or 31
i read that pbj wont stretch much aside from the waist if im not mistaken?
so i tried pbj xx05 raw size 31 (they dont have xx011).. fits kinda loose all over.. waist, thigh, knee
n then i tried pbj xx010 raw size 30.. fits kinda tight.. actually the fits almost identical to my nudie thin finn that im wearing right now. aside from the taper nudie n slim straight x010.. waist n thigh fits good but im not sure i can fit after initial soak (i never soak any of my jeans so im kinda blind here)
im aiming for a regular fit.. not skin tight fit.. my nudie that im wearing right now kinda tight.. im aiming for a slighter looser fit..
o if it helps.. i compared my nudie sizing to size 31 pbj x011 one wash & its almost identical
so can anyone please give me suggestion whether i shud buy size 30 or 31?
thx a bunch n sorry for the wallpost n grammar.. english is not my 1st language

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^1stly, PBJs will stretch a lot down the line.
2ndly, 005 & 011 are slightly different cuts. 005s are cut straight with zero taper from knee to hem__ while 011 got approx 1" taper from knee to hem.
3rdly, both cuts are slim @ the thighs. so, if you have "thigh" issues, these might not be cut for you.

the PBJ 011 is cut a bit generously @waist__ so, you normally size down 1.
from your description, W30 RAW should be alright.

now, on 011 O/W, if you're able to squeeze in & button up a W30, that should be just as good, too. the waistband got nowhere else to go, but stretch out [since it has already been shrunk close to max].

btw, nice & comfy fit there, Argentino.

Last edited:

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, I didn't even know people were into PBJ still... It's been a while

jehuti2468

Reaction score
^1stly, PBJs will stretch a lot down the line.
2ndly, 005 & 011 are slightly different cuts. 005s are cut straight with zero taper from knee to hem__ while 011 got approx 1" taper from knee to hem.
3rdly, both cuts are slim @ the thighs. so, if you have "thigh" issues, these might not be cut for you.
the PBJ 011 is cut a bit generously @waist__ so, you normally size down 1.
from your description, W30 RAW should be alright.
now, on 011 O/W, if you're able to squeeze in & button up a W30, that should be just as good, too. the waistband got nowhere else to go, but stretch out [since it has already been shrunk close to max].
btw, nice & comfy fit there, Argentino.

ok2 thx a bunch for the input :D

kgfan5

Reaction score
anyone own a pair of xx013? wondering how they turned out and the fading progression.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads