1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. stukovx

stukovx Active Member

007 monthly update outdoors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

Majorly messed up sizing on mine... one-wash 003s, tagged size 33, inseam 30. $200. Worn for less than 24 hours. Any takers?

3. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Herzzreh what exactly happened?!?

4. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

Forgot how well these stretch, got a somewhat loose one-wash, stretched out to a point where even braces barely hold them up right. Can fit a whole palm in the waist. :(

5. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

6. sillyboybmxer

sillyboybmxer Senior member

Do the 005s have more or less stretch in the waist than 007s???

7. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

My first pair of purple face fell down in the street (I had a coat on!), so I sold them and sized down, they still need frequent washing to stop them sagging on the butt:)

8. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Purple face is super unique, just wish the 24oz came in my size

They fade gorgeously, and I love them

Eventually they'll retire to the Jeansmuseum in Zurich, where I already have 2 exhibits immortalised, but there's plenty of wear yet (bought December 2012) and I'll wear them to death

I'm rotating 5 pairs of jeans (more if I'm gifted any for my birthday) but I recommend purple face to anybody.

Lucky you if you can get the 24oz in your size!!!:)

9. stukovx

stukovx Active Member

10. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Are (were) those 007s? You did a nice job!!! I'm looking forward to wearing my second pair of purple face into a pike of cotton threads, but I got drenched in a storm yesterday and sadly they had mud on and had to be washed. At least they don't fall down like the first pair!!!:)

11. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Sadly all Pbjs stretch - they're gorgeous jeans but not eternal as although I guess the 24oz last better, the regular denim stretches out a Lot.

Still love them though!!!

12. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

They look great; nice cut for you..good fit too.

Enjoy!!!:D

13. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

No, Momotaro use Zimbabwe cotton, I don't think Pbjs use cotton with a great provenance; they just slow loom weave it into great looking denims,with a big variety of finishes for such a small company. Their kids wear is SO cute as well (no, I neither have nor want children, it was just an aside). I wish my Pbjs would hurry up and dry..I'm in my Naked and Famous cashmere stretch and there's no competition..although (off subject), my custom Kurabo 21oz jeans - going since July 2012- are my best jeans to date in the last 35 years by miles...but still on the Holy Grail for best ever jeans!. Basically, after all the waffle, I Think pbj just use regular cotton (it's definitely not Pima either) Hope that helps

14. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Can't wait to see your pics!!!

I too like the idea of natural indigo, although in reality it's a bit greenish for my taste - but you could always dye it purple I suppose!

Hope you have fun wearing them both..some good New Year shopping!

15. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Faded pair look great!

But why are you selling the spares?

Don't you want to have another go, to see if you can do even better next time - or are you re-investing the money in a new project?:)

16. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Can't you exchange them or sell them or sell them before you start wearing them?

Pbjs stretch out a lot, but if they're raw they'll also shrink a lot.

You'll lose money if you have to sell them lightly worn; I had to sell my first purple face because they fell down (!) for not very much, but it's better than wasting them completely..

17. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Nice work! I used to end my jeans in holes (however much they'd cost) in maximum 11 months, but I'm getting better, although I did wear through a Very expensive custom pair in 7 months daily wear last year - won't be spending my £££ there again!

18. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Go with the 30s

Pbjs do stretch a lot, but being raw, they'll also shrink a lot.

Also, bear in mind that they're known for their slim thighs, so unless you're stick thin, or want to end up looking like you're wearing girls jeans, you'll need the 30.

Hope that helps!

19. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

They look too tight to me. I'd size up, or you'll do yourself serious bodily harm when they're washed!!!

20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

JFC multiquote please. I'm also still debating if you're a troll or if you just have no clue based on previous posts in other threads.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014