1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ginseng

ginseng Active Member

How do you guys think it looks in the pictures? You think it will stretch to look slightly less snug in a couple weeks?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Having now looked at the photos, I'd probably say you're ok. It won't miraculously get massive (expect .25 inches or thereabouts) - but from the look of the thigh, I'd say you're alright. If you're usually used to wearing rather baggy pants and this is your first dabble in slim jeans, there's always a "feeling curve" where it feels different on your legs. Once that's covered you can start feeling more between fitted and "tight."

I'd say you should be good.

But again, all deference goes to the wearer. If they're not comfortable on you, you won't wear them and it's not worth the purchase.

3. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Will a size 29 in the raws of the XX-13 stretch to fit a 32 waist after a hot soak? Or should I go with a size 30? How much are PBJs known to stretch?

4. mistertwo

mistertwo Member

will the pbjs stretch back to their presoaked size? any ways to help stretch these jeans out? unfortunately, doing squats for the past year has made my pbjs almost too tight to wear :(

5. El Argentino

In the waist probably. Elsewhere, probably not.

6. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

Finally had some time for pics... 26 months and maybe 10 washes or so. Haven't worn them much lately because the denim wasn't too heavy weight to begin with and rips and tears pop up almost every time I wear them. Brought them to the local shop to get them repaired countless number of times and didn't care too much for those 'high quality/seamless/as-if-it-was-never-there' repair jobs as I quite like the blemishes from a quick and easy repair job (and so does my wallet).

http://bernardchan.tumblr.com/post/43399422806/pure-blue-japan-xx-011-26-months-way-too-many
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernard-chan/sets/72157632792905649/with/8486020676/

Here's a few pics of them:
    [​IMG]
    20130217-2 by Bernard C., on Flickr

[​IMG]
    20130217-3 by Bernard C., on Flickr

[​IMG]
    20130217-16 by Bernard C., on Flickr

[​IMG]
    20130217-12 by Bernard C., on Flickr

[​IMG]
    20130217-11 by Bernard C., on Flickr

3 people like this.
  7. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

How much stretch/shrinkage can you expect from a raw version of the 13's? I'm about a 31.5-32 inch waist and can't decide between the size 29, (31.25 waist) and size 30, (32 waist). I plan on soaking for about 40 mins or so in hot water to get the shrinkage out. Will a size 29 stretch out to around 32 inches after all is said and done?

Also sheepskin or deerskin patch?

8. aneyeforaneye

aneyeforaneye Member

These are some beautiful fades

9. stukovx

stukovx Active Member

Thanks

Been starting to wear these again

PBJ XX-007

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. El Argentino

Surprised how loose those fit on you. Did you purchase TTS?^

11. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Damnit got my 13s in the mail today. Accidentally ordered a size 32 raw when I needed the actual waist to be a 32. Now I have to send them back and wait for a size 30 to get here -___-

12. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

I suspect you need more practice operating your computer machine.

13. El Argentino

You could just shrink the raws. The longer I'm on the boards, the more convinced I am that downsizing in general is futile.

14. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

the size 30 measures 32 inches in the waist which would be TTS for me, so after the shrinkage and stretch I think I should be good. Bummed I have to send these back and wait for new ones to arrive though. Total brain fart when ordering them, wtf was I thinking. More time for daily 702 wear I guess.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  15. El Argentino

While PBJs do decently stretch in the waist, I like to play "dispeller" of denim rumors. In general, if denim doesn't fit you well off the bat, they don't fit. You have the raw pair (unsanforized, obviously oversized at this point), which when shrunken down should equal the measurements you're looking for. Especially in slimmer jeans, the thighs won't give as much as the waist will.

Honest opinion is to keep the 32s, shrink them down, and enjoy them as they wear in, assuming the measurements of a "pre-shrunk" 32 would be decent on you. They will eventually shrink down to that size, and it doesn't do a lot of good living in fear that they'll be too small or constrictive again if they ever touch water.

Because in the course of their life, crap happens, and they will need to be washed. I've had PBJs that continue to shrink down after a 3rd or 4th exposure, me having thought they'd already been all shrunk down.

Just by way of warning, man.

Either way - do post pics when you're set up, and hope you love the fit. The xx013 is a fantastic pair.

16. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

Hate 007 cut. whatever happened to 007 denim in 013/011 cut.

17. El Argentino

Macroshot of xx009 selvage line.

[​IMG]

18. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

19. El Argentino

20. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Who's got the nc-013 black? Calling lesamourai. Anyone besides BiG stocking these?