1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. I ordered a pair of NC-013 in the no fade black. Should be here today. I hope this ends my black jean search.

2. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

El Argentino, you're gonna sag those a little when they stretch out, right? that bulge is a little much.

1 person likes this.
  3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

heh :embar: Yes, my broken in 009s don't have that issue.

4. jittery zeitgeist

jittery zeitgeist Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I'm finally looking for a pair of PBJs, but unfortunetaly they are hard to get over here in Germany so I hope you can help me out.

I'm looking for a tapered fit, so the xx-011 or -013 would be the best fit, I guess.

At the moment I wear some Naked & Famous Weird Guy Deep Indigos in Size 30, the actual waist size after stretching a bit (lain flat on the ground) is 16,5 inches but they could be a little smaller in the waist.

I actually like the fit and looking for something similar with the PBJs. Which size would you recommend?

I'm also planning to wear em for about a year without washing so I should probably go with the raw and not the one wash model, am I right?

you can see the fit here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Appreciate every help!

5. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

6. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

just throwing this up before I post them for sale:

I have a Brand new with tag PBJ xx005 tagged 34. One wash version. abit too tight for me thus selling. willing to take on a significant loss from the retail price.
    also i have a pbj xx007 also tagged 34 in my listing below.

contact me if you are interested. able to take pics, measurements, etc.

7. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Very nice fit and fade.

8. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

9. Oh wow, that Colbalt denim looks great. Hope BIG gets a stock of it.

10. Illume

Illume Member

Whats the maximum the inseam shrinks to on the raws? 35 inches?

I still have to cuff them a few times after a wash and hot soaking just the legs. I picked up the 011's and im a little unhappy with the taper from the knee down, it flares a little too much for my liking but im hoping they might drape a little better once they soften up?

Really? I don't think it's too bad, especially when compared to the 007s.

12. El Argentino

Hadn't seen these. Looks great, man.

13. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Are xx011's not as slubby as the rest of PBJ denim? Also, how much stretch in the waist should I expect to to get with the xx011?

14. El Argentino

I've been looking at the 11 as a future purchase as well. From it's look, I wouldn't say it's as slubby as a 005 or 003. Stretch I'd probably guess would be the same as all the other PBJ's I've owned - maybe up to 1.5+. Waists on PBJ are traditionally pretty forgiving.

15. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Thanks, do you think the "washed measurements" on BiG would be the same as a pair of the raw one's after an initial soak? I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what size I'd be when taking into account shrink and stretch. This is all just wishful thinking though, it will be a while before my next purchase. For reference I ordered a size 32 in the Momo 003's for the contest ;). Can't be working on both of these at the same time!

16. you probably won't get them as small as the OW measurements. maybe if you threw it in the washer, but definitely not with just a hot soak.

17. El Argentino

Yes^^ OW is as small as it'll ever be. Raws can reach that measurement through hot water and hot drying. You can only stretch out from OW measurements. Absolute baseline.

18. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

So if I'm a 32 in the waist would you recommend going TTS, or up or down 1 on a raw?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  19. El Argentino

I'd use the o/w as a "maximum shrinkage" rule. I bought raws before but always ended up needing to move them on as they became too tight. You're going to have to wash them sometime, so just buy a o/w now and get the worry out of the way.

I wouldn't buy raw - buy o/w. If you're dead set on raw, buy the size you would need in the o/w anyways.

20. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

Cool thanks so much, that's some great advice. Especially since I can't try them on in person before I order there is just too much that can go wrong. Thanks again!