Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

i all honesty the lack of response in your ad is because your asking about $100 to much for those. the second you put any wear on a jean its like driving a brand new 911 off the lot. they depreciate like a mf. i would keep them.

i was just thinking about how painful it would be to lose around $9-11K the second that odo reads 101 miles. i will let you know in the next year or so [​IMG]

Oh, I know. I'm not super-pressed to sell them anymore and I'd be content keeping them too. Depreciation sucks sweaty balls though.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

P.S. the rise on these is so low that I'm definitely flashing my boxers and the skin of my back when I'm sitting down and leaning forward on a table. Makes me a bit self conscious.

that's the excellent part. ive gotten over that years ago, and i love flashing my pelvic skin down under whenever i bend and stuff. i hope you do too[​IMG]

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Wear Update on PBJxx007s -

After a lack of replies in B&S, decided to bust these out of the closet again. The overcast light today lightened up the color considerably in the photos, but gives a better look at what actually is happening fading-wise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- and the money shot -

[​IMG]

I love this denim.

these are amazing and luscious photos.

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Interesting... I'd heard of the "ugly duckling stage" - probably from you, in fact - but I've not yet found the denim to be visually unappealing at any stage in which I've owned it...

Could you explain it a bit more?

it's the stage when the slubs get bumpy & fuzzy like a mangy Chewbacca. then, it sheds off the excess lint after the 3rd or 4th wash. a bit more down the line, the bumpiness of the slubs become less pronounced, too. this is due to the expanding cotton yarn, which in turn, tightens the weave & tauts the slubs down to long&slender atari-ed streaks on the high traffic/high friction areas.

5. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Oh, I know. I'm not super-pressed to sell them anymore and I'd be content keeping them too. Depreciation sucks sweaty balls though.

sweaty hairy jet balls.

6. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

advantage of buying domestically [ie, BiG, SE, etc.] is that, you can always exchange, as long as you keep 'em unworn/unaltered. now, selling used, there's a sorta "karmic" logic to diminishing returns @FS/supermarket. you sell low, but [if you choose to buy pre-owned] you buy low, as well [​IMG] ... which i think is fair.

7. El Argentino

advantage of buying domestically [ie, BiG, SE, etc.] is that, you can always exchange, as long as you keep 'em unworn/unaltered. now, selling used, there's a sorta "karmic" logic to diminishing returns @FS/supermarket. you sell low, but [if you choose to buy pre-owned] you buy low, as well [​IMG] ... which i think is fair.

This is true too, and I am grateful for the low-priced deals I've been able to snag on things I now love.

8. tropics

tropics Senior member

$450 for an original heavy weight design? who else can do that for their customers ... thats a fucking incredible deal.

LOL... only on style forum could a $450 pair of jeans be a "fucking incredible deal"

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

LOL... only on style forum could a $450 pair of jeans be a "fucking incredible deal"

it is a deal for what you get. are there cheaper options out there? sure, but this is a style forum after all.

10. diorowen

diorowen Member

anyone here bought the ltd ed, 24oz already? feedback please [​IMG] I really tempted to get that, but still hesitate about how 24 oz denim feels. cardboard? [​IMG] thx in advance

11. tropics

tropics Senior member

it is a deal for what you get. are there cheaper options out there? sure, but this is a style forum after all.

don't get me wrong, in theory i agree with you. but i would have a hard time convincing people in the "real world" that any of us are completely sane.

12. El Argentino

Did a double hot soak of my xx009s over last night and this morning. Loving the fit as a change up from slimmer territory. It's kind of nice to not feel like I'm going to bust a seam if I need to crouch down. Fit pics to come.[​IMG]

13. djbj6t9

djbj6t9 Senior member

14. djbj6t9

djbj6t9 Senior member

15. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

By God those are beautiful.