Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i sized up one on my pbj 007.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

i sized up one on my pbj 007.

How is the fit? From my experience, sizing up one in PBJ is like sizing up 2 or 3 in other Japanese brands, because this brand tends to run big to start with.

3. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Haha I'm sized up one too in the 005s. It actually fits perfectly in the thighs, though yeah, the waist has rather stretched a lot by now. Aside from the waist, the rest of the fit is fine, I had mine tapered below the knee because the straight leg looked too much like a boot cut at the start.

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

hobojones do you wear a belt? also i'd expect the waist to stretch because its considered low rise. if i gone true size the thighs would have been way too tight after a few washes. don't want to go through the whole thing with my skulls again.

i wore those for a year straight they stretched out perfect after the 3rd wash it was tight as a mother and would not stretch back besides the waist.

5. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

6. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

hobojones do you wear a belt? also i'd expect the waist to stretch because its considered low rise. if i gone true size the thighs would have been way too tight after a few washes. don't want to go through the whole thing with my skulls again.

i wore those for a year straight they stretched out perfect after the 3rd wash it was tight as a mother and would not stretch back besides the waist.

Yeah, of course, otherwise I would never be able to keep them on [​IMG] Next time around though, I'd definitely get TTS. I just got mine sized up 1 because I got a really good deal on them.

7. scraper

scraper Member

Just got my xx 005 One Wash and am loving em!! As these jeans will no doubt stretch some, will they also shrink some with subsequent soaks? Or is all the shrinking done with the one wash? Thanks.

8. whatever123

Just got my xx 005 One Wash and am loving em!! As these jeans will no doubt stretch some, will they also shrink some with subsequent soaks? Or is all the shrinking done with the one wash? Thanks.

you may get some, but it would be minimal. if you got the o/w version they got most (if not all) of the shrinkage out of the way.

now, as you stretch them out, yes, they will shrink back to the state they are in now or when they were new.

enjoy them. that denim is awesome.

9. whatever123

10. djbj6t9

djbj6t9 Senior member

I'll try Peanut Butter Jelly, indoor lighting shots [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

Those are so amazing. And one day I'm going to stop saying it and fucking buy a pair.

12. whatever123

do any of you have any of of pbj's belts. they look awesome.

[​IMG]

13. Constc8

Constc8 Member

I m kinda of new to denim could someone tell me the difference between xx005 xx011 xx009 and xx013?
    Also what are the pros and cons of One wash?
    And what size would be the closest to a 28 or 29 in weird guys?

14. whatever123

I m kinda of new to denim could someone tell me the difference between xx005 xx011 xx009 and xx013? Also what are the pros and cons of One wash? And what size would be the closest to a 28 or 29 in weird guys?
    your starting with some of the best jeans out there. pbj makes a couple different cuts, a slim/straight, relaxed/straight and a slim/tapered. the difference in the cuts is going to be in the rise (how high or low it sits on your waist) and in the leg area (upper-thigh, knee, hem). the difference in the lot you mentioned is really in color and dying process. pbj does quite a few different color schemes. in terms of the pro/con of o/w vs. raw, the o/w you will know right away how the jeans is going to fit because pbj has already industrial washed the jeans. with the raw jeans you can soak or wash and dry on your end. a lot of people like to buy raw jeans but there is no difference in them aside from one being washed at the factory and the other you wash at home, if desired. take a look at the sizing chart at blue in green for sizing issues. blue in green usually stocks most of the pbj denim line and has most sizes in stock, its a very popular jeans for them. say for example you want a pair of pbj-005 (indigo) raw size 28. they will measure 30" but will shrink to take size after a couple of washes. they will also stretch out 1-2 inches in the waist depending on how hard and where you wear them. if i were you i would look into getting a o/w pbj (if possible) especially if your not experienced with them because you will know right away whether or not they will fit. here is the model range with sizing: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...id=9&Itemid=28

15. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Without going through this whole thread--which PBJ model is which? i.e. Slim straight, straight, slim tapered.