1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Purchasing a suit/blazer/sport coat on eBay

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by migui0323, Apr 15, 2019.

1. migui0323

migui0323 New Member

When buying a suit/blazer/sportcoat off of eBay, which measurement should I be focusing on the jacket to determine whether it will fit me or not in the shoulders? Is it the shoulder to shoulder measurement or the pit to pit/chest measurement?

2. breakaway01

breakaway01 Distinguished Member

shoulder to shoulder will be the most useful measurement to gauge shoulder fit. Not perfect but it'll be the best you can do without being able to try on the jacket. Compare to a jacket that fits you well in the shoulders, if you have one.

pit-to-pit is a measurement of chest size.

3. BK_Verbs

BK_Verbs Active Member

Agree with above. I always guage measurements vs something I have that I know fits me well. Having said that, you can always cut down a bigger jacket (within reason). Never buy one too small.