• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purchased something from store overseas, received damaged - who's at fault?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
this is why I never mail clothes in those bags
I have no clue why retailers do this.

With retailers that I have seen do this it makes sense...the odds are in their favor

I have never had something come damaged in this packaging and the retailers that do it tend to be cheap (think mall brands like AE). If something were to happen, it would probably only affect a single garment in the shipment. Paying to replace that single garment in the rare times that anything is damaged is probably cheaper than the shipping/packaging price of sturdier containers.

Now...if the only thing in that package was a $300 item, this is not appropriate.

My guess is that this guy doesn't have the volume/experiance to do the cost-benefit of cheaper shipping with occasional replacement and just now figured out the problem.

Also, clothing is pretty resiliant as far as shipping goes and you really need something like a hard puncture to damage it.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
That's not true. They might be willing to take a loss to make the customer happy, especially since it's their own fault for saying the value was only $65. Also take into account they almost definitely get the jeans much cheaper than the $200 they are selling for.

Was referring to Canada Post, not the seller.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads