• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Puma for Jil Sander Sneakers

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some opinions on this designer collaboration (the one that started them all).

I've long thought it an interesting collab, having watched it since its inception in 1998, but over the past year or so have managed to accumulate a fair number of them thanks to ebay, yoox sales, etc. They've quickly become my favorite sneakers, thanks to their low profile and slim design. They're sneakers that look great but don't wear YOU instead of you wearing them.

Any thoughts on the Puma/Jil Sander collab? Or any other designer collaboration, for that matter?

John

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most collaborations, in my experience, are little more than well marketed and stupidly comical markups.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally as much as I like Jil Sander, the collabo wasn't my cup of tea. Mihara's pumas, in my opinion, was also a little bit on the wack side.

gza

Reaction score
I have yet to see a product from that collaboration that strikes me as particularly attractive. In fact, from an appearance standpoint I rather prefer many of the non-designer Pumas. It's too bad, since Jil Sander has put out so many nice shoes for her main label.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About four or five years ago, the collab was producing some leather track shoes with thin soles. I bought a couple pairs in different colours, and they are still some of my favs. Stragnely simple design that non-designer mfrs seem unable to do. Holding up well. The leather is full grain and a bit softer than what I normally notice on trainers. That said, most of the markup wenmt towards the little tag on the side.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of mine (the model no. of them is 340446 03).

dsc016213xw.jpg

dsc016245yn.jpg

dsc016238qx.jpg

John

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are the ones I have in a couple different colourways.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When you described yours, I wondered if they might be the same. I'm glad to hear that they'll hopefully hold up pretty well.

John

p.s. What other colors do you have?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't wear them hard or often but they are pretty fresh. I have: white with lime green logo; dark olive with light beige logo; sand with orange logo.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got a pair of Puma MY-12s from an online retailer that are so amazingly plain. they were $99 marked down from $275. i would have returned them were it not for the sale policy of the retailer (read the fine print online shoppers!!!).

give me a pair of $40 (on sale) Puma Anjans any day of the week.

-Jeff

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
I don't wear them hard or often but they are pretty fresh. I have: white with lime green logo; dark olive with light beige logo; sand with orange logo.

Sand with orange logo, eh? Sounds nice. Wouldn't happen to be a size 11 or 12 that you've recently gotten tired of wearing, would they????

John

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha sorry. But they are probably the best looking trainers I own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads