• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Puma El Rey

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dudes,

What do you know about the Puma 'El Rey'? I am planning to order a pair sometime today.

They caught my eye because they are sort of like the classic Vans slip-on but have a really cool modern/minimalist look about them.

Anyone know about the sizing? I wear a 11D (US size) in most dress shoes, and typically an 11.5 in sneakers.

Since these are laceless, and from my experience that can lead to a difference in fit, what do you suggest?

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7255720/c/11682.html

4974-288030-p.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, $45 is such a steal. They look like they could be from the 96 Hours collection, or one of those other $200-$350 lines.

I prefer my clothes to be free of any exterior branding, and these come pretty close. There are only two very small logos on each shoe, and no text. This is pretty hard to find on big-brand sneakers.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I just figured the back logo would be covered by my jeans anyway because I'm definitely on the same boat. I wish the lighting was so bright so I could see just how dark the black or brown was.

Looks from the reviews that these things are possibly a little bit bigger than marked. But hell, it's Zappo's. Free shipping both ways if they don't fit.

I just wish ShoeBuy was selling them. They've been offering all kinds of 20% codes lately.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It took me a few weeks to find the El Reys. Interestingly enough, they were named after the Los Angeles theatre but the limited edition versions were not sold here. I got one (of three limited models) from AUS. Emboss

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Yeah these caught my eye while I was a big Puma fanatic. A very modern twist to the Vans Slip-ons.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i always liked these since i saw the really weird colabs in japan. i heard the quality is terrible though and they fit very weird because of the top part

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Update this thread with pics/opinions, VM. I'm game for a pair if they work out for you.

Will do. Hopefully they come quickly, I have a hard time waiting for things that come in the mail. Does Zappos normally ship fast?

deeb

Reaction score
I have the white/creme ones, they are in a 12, my normal size is 11.5. They fit pretty well, and they are nice and comfy.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zappos usually auto upgrades their service to next day or two day shipping. I've ordered about 5 sneakers from them and all have come within 3 days.

Say

Reaction score
these puma el reys were a strange fit, then again, my feet always vary with shoes. i tried on the 11's - too snug for my taste, then the 12s - too loose, and finally the 11.5 which were jusssttt rightt. classic story of goldilocks and the three bears. i bought the el rey tweeds from puma.com
thumbs-up.gif
edit: http://store.puma.com/pumaUSStore/pr...rch=1&siteid=1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads