1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Puma 96 hours

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Sep 29, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

96 Hours Website What do think of Puma's 96 Hours line? Is the quality that much better than "˜regular' Puma to merit the up charge, or is this just Puma's version of Y-3? Is each pair really worth $200 and change? Not that worthiness of the brand will deter me from purchasing a pair (or three) but I'm still curious. Is the overall design better than that found in Y-3 or are they not really comparable? As well, check out the piece de resistance of the 96 Hours line: (its $4000 for those who are curious): Puma 96 Hours Case Jon.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

This and Y3 look like cheaper versions of Prada Sport shoes to me anyways.

3. DSKent

DSKent Well-Known Member

I haven't followed the Puma-designer collaborations too closely over the past few seasons, but what little I did see from Jil Sander and the like didn't really impress me.

I have to admit that I like a lot of the 96 Hours line and the whole case thing, while overpriced, is a great concept. When I'm in NYC next, I'll have to check the line out. Just don't expect to see me wearing the shin guards over my jeans anytime soon.

4. imageWIS

Lol. Actually, I think on the fencing inspired shoes, you can remove the guards and just use them as regular shoes.

Jon.

5. DSKent

DSKent Well-Known Member

Probably, but I was talking about the standalone, unisex shinguards.

6. imageWIS

(imageWIS @ 29 Sep. 2004, 2:10) Actually, I think on the fencing inspired shoes, you can remove the guards and just use them as regular shoes.
    Probably, but I was talking about the standalone, unisex shinguards.
    Well, I don't really consider them 'shoes' [​IMG]. Jon.

7. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Distinguished Member

I thought the 96 hours case thing was long gone. I remember being intrigued by the concept when it came out, but not intrigued enough to drop $4K. Plus the flight to Boston (IIRC Louis Boston was their only US source for that).

8. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

i don't get it. those shoes are not really for sport, and the soles don't look comfortable for daily wear either. look at the pseudo soccer shoes for example. no one's going to play soccer in those, yet the soles have these semi-cleats to them.

9. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

maybe they're made for street soccer...

10. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Or a good ol' game of 'Kick the Can'.

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Puma's "Y-3" is undoubtedly the My-X shoes designed by Mihara Yosuhito.

12. imageWIS

Actually you don't need to fly to Boston. As I understand it, the concept works like this: All you do is call LB, give them your measurements, your CC number and the location where you want the package shipped to, then they call and reiterate the measurements to Puma in Germany. 96 Hours later, the case is delivered to your desired location directly from the Puma headquarters.

$4000 is a lot to pay for 28 pieces of clothing and 4 pairs of shoes, but if you have the monetary means and / or the necessity, I can't think of a lot more convenient methods of receiving exclusive clothing in less than a week.

Jon.