1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pulled lal trigger...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AJL, Jun 11, 2004.

1. AJL

AJL Senior member

Spoke with M. Doshi @ P. Lal and ordered the following: Savile, dark brown; Chelsea, black; Chiltern, snuff suede. Taking the advice of some here, I decided to stick with one full U.S. size reduction on Savile, contrary to general recommendation on C&J hand grade shoes (1/2 size reduction).

Mr. Doshi also informed me that as a first time customer, I am entitled to free shipping on the 3 pairs, ordinarily a $60.00 charge (or $30.00 for a single pair). Awfully decent, I must say.

Will let you know how it all PLals out.

-AJL

2. don_andomo

don_andomo Active Member

How long did he say it would take for the shoes to get to the U.S. ? I wanted to order some time ago but he said it would take 10-12 weeks, so I decided to order from Pediwear instead (arrived in two weeks). With Plal's recent price increase, there isn't much difference w/ Pediwear's prices, and Pediwear offers free shipping on C&J shoes.

3. AJL

AJL Senior member

He did not say specifically, but suggested that while the Chelsea boot was in stock, the other 2 would have to be ordered. He said they would be placing an order at the end of the month, and that there was a very good chance that my shoes would be included/filled in that order. Optimistically, it seems my shoes might be delivered in 4-5 weeks, though I understand some here have waited 2+ months for their orders to be received. Fortunately, I happen to be one of those (increasingly) rare individuals who doesn't mind waiting for a good thing.

Incidentally, the prices listed for the 3 pairs at Pediwear (total US$1158.) would appear to be approx. 20% higher than those quoted to me by Mr. Doshi (approx. US $967.) I would not consider a savings of nearly $200.00 to be inconsequential, although for those on a fast track, Pediwear(hate the name)'s 2 week turnaround would invariably have its appeal.