• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PT01 Pants?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who knows how I can get a pair of these rear-cinch pants?

1-980x400.jpg

alovesupreme

Reaction score

Here's the website: http://www.pt01.it/ Nice trousers; they did a chino with contrast piping on the pockets this summer which I considered buying. Some people might find that detailing fussy: There are definitely PT-01 models I don't like because of over-detailing. I prefer Incotex: The cut suits me better and I find the fabric more appealing.

Good summary especially on over-detailing and fabric.
I have a very nicely done PT01 summer pants in blue and a decent PT05 in green.
I purchased 2 more pants on Yoox lately but returned them because they did not fit me perfectly.
I was amazed also that both were labelled « made in China ».

Gresvig

Reaction score
I have a pair of the PT01 "High Tech" model, dark grey wool pants with cargo pockets(!). Excellent detailing, very nice fit. Slim and narrow just the way I like it, but not too tight across the thighs. They came in raw length which is great as I need a tight (~32") waist and have long legs (~34-35). I had mine cut a bit short as I prefer them slightly elevated over the shoes.

They are among the best pants in terms of detailing/quality and fit I've come across. And they come in a ton of plain, interesting, casual, and formal variants - great selection. They cost me up towards $300 here in Oslo but it is worth it. At season ends they can be caught at 50%, and at that price its a steal.

demian19003

Reaction score
Sorry for not spending my whole life posting here. Sure it makes me a spammer.
If you have some other useful information about Pantaloni Torino, feel free to let me know.

Don't take it personally..
In my experience, forums generally become nothing more than a circle-jerk for about 10-20people.
I live within the *real world* too..don't let them put you off.

On another note, I am surprised by your comment stating they are made in China. Genuinely surprised.
Perhaps only the PT05 lines??

PT01 are not well known, and there is a lot of misinformation here.
I have only come to know them recently. Had no idea who they were.
The recent model quality (at least) of the fabrics and attention to detail are very fine and a favorite of mine (as the image above).

Placed above Incotex for fabrics and attention to detail easily. As a note, I have never liked Incotex. I place Zanella above Incotex. The fit and fabrics and the way they drape I like very much. I really love Zanella fwiw.... Incotex does nothing for me honestly. I don't like the fit and the attention to detail is nothing to write home about. They are branching out doing coats as well, etc. and they actually own one of the lower department store chains (name I cant recall) and it seems to be one of those things that all becomes mediocre across the board sort of thing.

Zanella and PT01 make only trousers, which is something I respect and prefer (perhaps making where they are made less important).

As a note, the PT05 jeans are not in the same league as Borrelli. More like Barba Jamud..

A word of caution though, many models tend to fit on the slim side. I am athletic , yet not an Italian mannequin however, and as I prefer the Napolitano style, not baggy American trouser. What I would recommend, however, is to size up and tailor if need be.

I am going to write a quick note or two to them and will attach the response here as I am curious ..

Although i would find it a bit disappointing if they were, well, I am learning not to be so much of a romantic these days
as it is the way of the world now.. and, well, I live here and know well ow the game is played. As elsewhere "The Made in Italy" moniker is obtained in a variety of ways.

There are many genuine Italian artisans, but you'll never hear of them out of Italy, or even out of their town for that matter. It is a perk of living here I will say..

Nevertheless, the PT01 I have seen at least and own are as bespoke quality as one can hope for..though, very un-bespoke, I size up and take in the waist on all the models I seem to like.

As a final note, what is found online or abroad is a mystery. In my experience, things can differ greatly, such as Borrelli jeans, shirt, and trouser sizing (which is less fitted).

fwiw
Kind regards

Last edited:

demian19003

Reaction score
Received this morning. (I have removed my name as the only edit):

Buongiorno xxxxxx,

la ringraziamo per il suo interessamento per le nostre collezioni.
La presente per informarla che nessuno dei nostri pantaloni viene prodotto in Cina.

Rimaniamo a disposizione per chiarimenti o eventuali nuove richieste.

L ’occasione è gradita per porgere

Cordiali Saluti,

PT PANTALONI TORINO – CUSTOMER SERVICE

____

Quick translation: Thank you for your interest in our collections. We inform you that none of our collections are made in China. We remain at your disposition for any further clarification or questions....etc.
____

Perhaps his post was spam after all?? I'm naive (proudly so)..
Just kidding fella ... well, maybe not entirely.

I have replied inquiring as to if they in fact are all made in Italy and will edit this post upon reply.

Jeeezz..hope this does not mean I am becoming a forum guy after all...

Regards

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The build quality may be OK but they look very fussy and close to costume for most uses.

alovesupreme

Reaction score

Received this morning. (I have removed my name as the only edit):

[SIZE=10pt]Buongiorno xxxxxx,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]la ringraziamo per il suo interessamento per le nostre collezioni.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]La presente per informarla che nessuno dei nostri pantaloni viene prodotto in Cina.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rimaniamo a disposizione per chiarimenti o eventuali nuove richieste.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]L ’occasione è gradita per porgere[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Cordiali Saluti,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]PT PANTALONI TORINO – CUSTOMER SERVICE[/SIZE]

____

Quick translation: Thank you for your interest in our collections. We inform you that none of our collections are made in China. We remain at your disposition for any further clarification or questions....etc.
____

Perhaps his post was spam after all??  I'm naive (proudly so)..
Just kidding fella ... well, maybe not entirely.

I have replied inquiring as to if they in fact are all made in Italy and will edit this post upon reply.

Jeeezz..hope this does not mean I am becoming a forum guy after all...

Regards

First of all, I do not take anything personally on the internet. It is a question of common sense. If I knew better I would have taken pictures of the labels attached to the pants I have bought and returned at the time. One was from the PT01 line, the other was a PT05. Maybe I should write something to Yoox for evidence but I know what I have seen anyway.

Here are the two pants I have been talking about and they were labelled « made in China » :

http://www.yoox.com/fr/42250673JF/item?dept=
http://www.yoox.com/fr/36340101LM/item?dept=

I have kept 2 other PT models with no label of origin.
I was very interested in PT at first because of the slim fit, colors and the more modern look compared to Incotex.
I love the neapolitan style too. I've had 2 Borrelli wool pants from shopthefinest (slim pants with some handstitch) and tried a few brands as Marco Pescarolo on Yoox. Incotex is my italian number one to this day in terms of construction. The perfect pants for my build would be the PT fit with Incotex construction/fabrics. Now it's not like I have to get more pants anyway, I have too many already, so I am not into an argument for life and death.

demian19003

Reaction score
Hi there

Im using a tablet and really havent time, but I did receive a response today, same day, but I could see they were avoiding my direct question, "are they made in italy"?

------
Mi permetto di allegare alla presente un articolo de “La Repubblica” del
14/01/13 dove spiega perfettamente

dove e come avviene la nostra produzione: escludiamo
categoricamente la Cina
mi permetto di aggiungere che se il suo collega ha trovato tale

scritta il pantalone è un falso).

Cordiali Saluti,
--------------------------

In short, they avoid the Q and direct me to an article from La Repubblica newspaper, and attached a pdf which I can't open using the tablet..

They replied saying that their collections were never made in China, and your colleague has an item from our collection it is a fake..quote, unquote.

Did a quick search for pt01 & la repubblica and brought up article from 2010 stating pt01 are one of obama's favorite trousers and gets into the family operation and that they are made in their factory in Romania...surprise surprise...

So, there it is fwiw.

Kind regards.

alovesupreme

Reaction score
Hi Demian,

About PT, I finally sent a quick note to Yoox 48 hours ago. No response.

Incotex makes some of their pants in Romania and that is not a secret. You can find a ton of these on ebay and from reputable online sellers.
I do not know if it is a bad thing in itself. It saves them some money for sure and allows them to cut the prices (well at least it should). It mostly depends on the level of technicality and the finishing required. Their high end production is made in Italy.

demian19003

Reaction score
HI

I did finally open the pdf they sent.

As can be found online, Pt01 has been family owned for 60yrs apparently by the same family. Can't recall name at the moment.

Stated made in Italy and Romania. Made it a point to add that they have 16 Italians from the company overseeing everything.

No, not necessarily a bad thing, however, i must admit I do take issue to the fact they promote themselves as "sartoriale" when they clearly are not.
I find it misleading and a smear on genuine bespoke and "lavoro sartoriale"..

I do love the patterns and fabrics used on several of their trousers, as well as the fit.

Of course they can be found new online for about 100euro, just as Borrelli.

I am more of a sport coat kind of guy who loves to mix and match..prefer to wait and save for my favorites Belvest, and Attolini.

..just beginning to take trousers more seriously.

Have fun man.
kind regards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads