• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

psycho snow plow guy

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a nasty encounter today with a snow plow driver. i live on 3 acres with a long driveway access road shared by us with two families higher up the hill. Thurs morning my wife was trying to get to work and slid off the access road and got stuck in the snow. Snow plow guy, whom the family at the top of tje hill pays to plow the access road, was up the hill and had to wait a half hour to get out because her car was blocking the road, wjile i and the two neighbors pushed her out. he didn't get out to jelp, which struck me as odd -- a lady slides into a snow bank and a man refuses to lend a hand. today i am walking down the driveway to get the newspaper and snowplow guy pulls up on the road, about 25 yards away. he yells "hey you had your BMW stuck in the driveway the other day!" i'm like "yeah?" he goes "you were up there in that 2-wheel drive BMW and you made me wait for a half-hour!" I say: "it was an all-wheel drive."

he said: "i don't give a ****, you do that to me again and i will **** that BMW up!"

then he sped off. i was flabbergasted. i guess at the end of the day i get to be me and he has to be him, so that is pretty good revenge. still, what would you guys do? at the least i am goimg to get word to this prick tjrough my neighbor that I woll be payong attention and any scratch on my wife's car will be followed by a police report.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Had a nasty encounter today with a snow plow driver. i live on 3 acres with a long driveway access road shared by us with two families higher up the hill. Thurs morning my wife was trying to get to work and slid off the access road and got stuck in the snow. Snow plow guy, whom the family at the top of tje hill pays to plow the access road, was up the hill and had to wait a half hour to get out because her car was blocking the road, wjile i and the two neighbors pushed her out. he didn't get out to jelp, which struck me as odd -- a lady slides into a snow bank and a man refuses to lend a hand. today i am walking down the driveway to get the newspaper and snowplow guy pulls up on the road, about 25 yards away. he yells "hey you had your BMW stuck in the driveway the other day!" i'm like "yeah?" he goes "you were up there in that 2-wheel drive BMW and you made me wait for a half-hour!" I say: "it was an all-wheel drive."

he said: "i don't give a ****, you do that to me again and i will **** that BMW up!"

then he sped off. i was flabbergasted. i guess at the end of the day i get to be me and he has to be him, so that is pretty good revenge. still, what would you guys do? at the least i am goimg to get word to this prick tjrough my neighbor that I woll be payong attention and any scratch on my wife's car will be followed by a police report.

Exactly. Let him live his miserable life and don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he upset you.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I would make it a point to block him in again (I'm assuming you could just park on the road?) and stand there smirking at him.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sometimes it just isn't worth the trouble

blackjack

Reaction score
Maybe it sounds prissy and it depends on how the cops handle things in your neck of the woods, but I would consider his words a threat to you and your family -- and I'd report it to the police. Who knows? Maybe he has a record elsewhere of ******* up other people's property or even assault.

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's called having a simple mind. He's a snow plow guy. He was just using his using vehicle's moderately superior snow capabilities as leverage to feel better than people in your socio-economic class. It's a simple, pitiable impulse; no need to be upset.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plow man lost his mind yo'

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blow him a kiss next time you see him ... or better yet, wave at him and ask him, "How's it going?"

If he runs your car over he's Psyco Sno-Plow Guy ... right now he's just Big-Talk Sno-Plow Guy.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
sometimes it just isn't worth the trouble

Originally Posted by blackjack
Maybe it sounds prissy and it depends on how the cops handle things in your neck of the woods, but I would consider his words a threat to you and your family -- and I'd report it to the police. Who knows? Maybe he has a record elsewhere of ******* up other people's property or even assault.

I'd definitely report it, will also give some context to sops if he does follow through.

I'd also let your neighbors know. But don't get him worked up by being a dick on purpose. If something physical were to come of it, you never know. Its just not worth getting seriously injured to prove a point. He'll get a slap on the wrist for assault, and god forbid something more serious happens to someone you love. Just let it go, no need to even make yourself feel better by telling yourself, "I'm in a higher tax brachet," cause if you really think about it, you'd be no better than him. Just feel bad for some guy who is so unhappy in his life, that he has to do something like he did. Its one thing to stand up for yourself and your family if he did do something, but at words? Just not worth it in my mind.

fareau

Reaction score
I doubt the police would do anything about it, but it would probably be worthwhile to notify them that a threat was made, if for no other reason than to have some documentation that you pursued the usual conventional channels. I would certainly speak to the family that employs this degenerate and let them know that he made the threat, and that you are concerned about the safety of your wife (in the event that this happens again and she is alone). Also, doesn't he have to have a permit from the city, or some similar license to do this work? You might be able to let the appropriate city office (or some similar agency) know what happened, and see if they have some means of redress. None of this would be to see that he loses his job, but rather to let him know that any similar words or actions will result in swift punitive measures.

Perhaps the better course of action might be to let it go and not escalate things, but I don't like the idea of someone making threats like this, particularly when it might affect my spouse. He might have been frustrated and annoyed at the time of the blocked road, but a couple days had passed and he should have cooled off and seen that it was not her (or anyone's) fault. If you think it is better to just let it go, so be it, but I don't think I would be idle in dealing with this jerk.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell your neighbors so they don't hire him again.

graphite

Reaction score
you know, some of the plow guys (and shovelers) here in boston are acting up too.

my guess is, for the one time out of their lives, their profession has become extremely important, and as a result they're taking advantage of their new-found significance. they're treating people like crap because the know, in this time of the year, they can get away with it.

sucks to hear you were getting BS. i'd report the threat to the police though.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you know if you block his plow and watch him smirking.... he'll know what you're thinking... about you being better off as your self.... and you might unleash something bad.

ishakir

Reaction score
I agree that reporting the threat to the police and the neighbors that employ him is the right course of action. If he does end up doing anything to the car, the cops will take the subsequent report far more seriously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads