1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

PSA - Thin Red Line shirt clearance - £9.99

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MalfordOfLondon, Sep 28, 2009.

1. stant62

stant62 Senior member

you received your shirts?

Yep, 5 shirts at a hair under $100 all-in.

2. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

I got all mine and am very happy. They are indeed not especially billowy. Certainly not super slim, but neither am I.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I got all mine and am very happy. They are indeed not especially billowy. Certainly not super slim, but neither am I.

I agree. I bought a few mini-gingham check shirts when others were buying lots of Thin Red Line shoes a few months back, as the shirts were also on sale.

Whilst they're not truly slim-cut, they're certainly a bit slimmer than the standard Tyrwhitt, TM Lewin, Harvie and Hudson etc cut. I find that the shoulders are cut a little narrower, too, which I like.

Whilst the collars are a bit stiff, they're not too thick and they have a nice shape to them.

For the sale price, I am very happy with them and would certainly buy more on sale.

4. averagejoe123

averagejoe123 Active Member

How does the fit compare to RL Slim fit dress shirts?

5. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

I ordered two shirts (would have ordered more to justify the high shipping cost, but their inventory is low) and was pleased at first glance.

However, after taking them out of the package and examining them, I've come to the conclusion that they were not a good buy. The fabric on both is very thin (not at all what I expected), and the collars seem a lot stiffer and tighter than other shirts I have with the same collar size (although it might be that with the way they cut their collars I might need to size .5" up higher). I'm not skinny, but I did find them to be pretty blousy. However, since I haven't purchased from CT or TML, or any other British shirtmaker, I have little to compare them too.

I'll probably throw the ones I got up for sale in the FS forum, as the cost to return them seems pointless, especially considering their 7 day return policy on sale items.

It's too bad, I wanted to like them.

6. laughwithm3

laughwithm3 Senior member

i wish mrchapel wrote his post before i put in an order of 5 shirts >.<
    i was fairly disappointed with TML's non-slim cut shirts, the shirts were huge for a size 16 and the collar wrinkles for some stupid reason.
    hopefully the TRL shirst are slightly slimmer than the TML shirts, how's TRL fabric compare to shirts like CK?

7. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

I got mine. Overall I think they're ok - definitely worth £9.99 minus VAT. In terms of quality I'd place them below TML or CT (fabric-wise), but they are well stitched, the fit is fine, and the colours fit well into my wardrobe.