PSA - Thin Red Line shirt clearance - £9.99

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MalfordOfLondon, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Thanks for the comments. How did you guys find the sleeves/armholes? I'm pretty slim and wondering if it'd just be a matter of slimming up the body or if further alterations would be required.

Honestly, if you're a skinny guy, then TRL is not the brand for you. Their shirts will fit like circus tents off the rack and need massive alterations. Not worth it. If you're looking for good English quality at affordable prices, you'd be much better served buying Harvie & Hudson slim fits. Slightly more expensive at the point of purchase (though not much moreso), but probably cheaper in the final analysis because of little to no need for alterations.

2. sneakerboy34

sneakerboy34 New Member

looks nice right there

3. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

The price is very attractive if not for the shipping. Their shirts is more of a classic fit with more fabric then most people here are accustomed to. May not be worthwhile to alter if one is like a soccer player slim type. Their quality is similar to Lewin IMO, maybe a shade better and should sell reasonably for a price of GBP25.

I suspect they are clearing stock nowto accomodate a new slimmer line of shirts.

4. dcg

dcg Senior member

Honestly, if you're a skinny guy, then TRL is not the brand for you. Their shirts will fit like circus tents off the rack and need massive alterations. Not worth it. If you're looking for good English quality at affordable prices, you'd be much better served buying Harvie & Hudson slim fits. Slightly more expensive at the point of purchase (though not much moreso), but probably cheaper in the final analysis because of little to no need for alterations.

Thanks for the recommendation; will check them out.

5. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

£9.99, minus VAT, seems like a great deal. I'm assuming the shirts are really made in Asia?

6. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Not sure where they are made. I've got a few and they are very good quality. I don't think anyone has ever brought the actual quality into question as far as I can remember.

7. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Anyone know the cost of shipping to the US?

8. Geoff Gander

Not sure where they are made. I've got a few and they are very good quality. I don't think anyone has ever brought the actual quality into question as far as I can remember.

Sounds promising. TRL's propa-, err, promotional literature says that the clothes are made by the company itself, which implies diligent English people toiling away. Of course, I believe that when I see it. Given the prices (compared to H&H, which I know is made in the UK), I have some doubts.

I sent the company a list of questions about their product line, as a potential customer, about a month ago. No reply.

9. Geoff Gander

Another random thought. The product-related quips on the site are very similar to the smart (and occasionally humorous) commentary in CT's catalogues (which are sometimes worth reading in and of themselves, IMO). Any thought as to whether TRL might be partly owned by, or in partnership with/related to, CT?

10. sm332

sm332 Senior member

Anyone know the cost of shipping to the US?

rest of the world shipping is GBP19

11. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

rest of the world shipping is GBP19

Ahhhh... Yeah, I'll pass on this one. Still, it's not a bad deal if you're in the UK.

12. sm332

sm332 Senior member

Ahhhh... Yeah, I'll pass on this one. Still, it's not a bad deal if you're in the UK.

If you are buying a fair number it works out well. Shipping seems to be flat fee irrespective of order size.

13. Geoff Gander

Well, I just blew a wad on a pile of shirts. Managed to rope in a co-worker, too, so we'll be splitting shipping and customs duties. Will post comments on quality once it arrives...

14. bigasahouse

bigasahouse Senior member

Last week, I ordered 17 shirts total and checked out smoothly. GBP 20.00 flat shipping charge for the order worldwide.

I've been awaiting my order eagerly especially since I received an email Monday that my order had been "dispatched." But then Tuesday, receive an email stating that my order was too large, and they want to charge me an extra GBP 40.00 for shipping!!!

WTF?

Has anyone else had any trouble with this?

15. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Last week, I ordered 17 shirts total and checked out smoothly. GBP 20.00 flat shipping charge for the order worldwide.

I've been awaiting my order eagerly especially since I received an email Monday that my order had been "dispatched." But then Tuesday, receive an email stating that my order was too large, and they want to charge me an extra GBP 40.00 for shipping!!!

WTF?

Has anyone else had any trouble with this?

Wow, that's bullshit