• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: StyleCrave giving away a tailored suit, shirt + $1000 worth of nooka watches..

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spam[1].gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
spam[1].gif

I did think about weather it was spam before posting but I figured it wasn't for two reasons. 1) I make it quite clear I am affiliated with the site. 2) Much more importantly it is about men's fashion, it is completely on-topic and of interest to the members of this board. I posted it here as I like the forum and I thought it would be of interest. Would you mind explaining why it is spam?

Reaction score
1st prize is to have Indochino make you a bespoke suit, you can choose the style/fabrics.
2nd prize is 2 bespoke shirts.
3rd prize is a $50 voucher to spend on anything you like.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shoulders look like they're too big the chest seems a tad big too side needs some taking into as well
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
This is the suit you get, eh?
200809230130381257.jpg

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have something which you think is interesting to members of this forum why not go about it the way the other affiliates have?

Approach the mods and put the offering at the alter.

We could argue the definition of SPAM, but ultimatley your intention is promotion and we have a way we go about things here.

K

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
If you have something which you think is interesting to members of this forum why not go about it the way the other affiliates have?

Approach the mods and put the offering at the alter.

We could argue the definition of SPAM, but ultimatley your intention is promotion and we have a way we go about things here.

K

How could we be an affiliate we aren't a retailer?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by williampbarnes
How could we be an affiliate we aren't a retailer?

You dont have to be retailer. You guys are in the multi-channel & digital marketing space, you should know this.

For example there are multilevel affiliate program structures. You are likely making a comission so why shouldnt the forum and the people who built it? Anyways, its not for us to develop your models. Talk to the mods and come up with an arrangement.

K

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
You dont have to be retailer. You guys are in the multi-channel & digital marketing space, you should know this.

For example there are multilevel affiliate program structures. You are likely making a comission so why shouldnt the forum and the people who built it?

Anyways, its not for us to develop your models. Talk to the mods and come up with an arrangement.

K

Why would you assume we are making a commission, not only do we not make any commission we have a strict editorial policy of not having any affiliate links on any of the sites.

You can read our editorial policy here: http://ucrave.com/editorial-policy/

I like and read these forums and thought it would be cool to share a competition that involves a prize that many of the members of these boards would be interested in winning.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by williampbarnes
Why would you assume we are making a commission, not only do we not make any commission we have a strict editorial policy of not having any affiliate links on any of the sites.

You can read our editorial policy here: http://ucrave.com/editorial-policy/

I like and read these forums and thought it would be cool to share a competition that involves a prize that many of the members of these boards would be interested in winning.

I assumed you made a comission because thats the way that many similar sites work. Its incredibly difficult to make any real money off of advertising these days. Anyways, if I'm wrong sorry for the assumption.

I'm not here to argue how you monetize your websites. Ultimately you are trying to make money off your sites whether its advertising / affiliate commissions / sales / whatever, and your first and only posts here have been to promote your site. If you want to use this forum to help you drive traffic and thereby ad revenues then make the appropriate arrangement with the mods.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads