• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA - STP falke socks

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Derm Dude, these socks are a secret.....shhhh.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they are freaking great. much better than my pantherellas. and slightly thick, so they wont wear out. they take a beating from me on the regular. i dropped several hundred on these a while back

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, thats why we dont want everyone else to buy them, hence STP raises the price on these!

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how come people say it's true to size,is it true to size or do they run big?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am telling you, that in my experience, they run half a size large to a full shoe size large. i am a 44.5 (US 11 to 11.5) shoe, but the 11/12 US size socks are large (when they should fit perfectly), and the size down that got fit right - the 9.5/10.5 are perfect.

unsuitable

Reaction score
Thread necromancy alert!
(and mini-review of each type I have tried so far)

STP has Falke socks again! Those of you "in the know" have already quaffed deeply from this chalice - I hope. (I have 2 full orders received now)

Those of you who do not know, Falke is an above average sock and with email "coupons" at Sierra it is easy to get into the sub-$7 per pair range.

My opinions of the "types" of Falkes in my last 2 orders (please note that I am a 12/12.5 in most Allen Edmonds Shoes):

Tiago - Thin cotton with a hint of spandex socks (really very thin in my opinion). I ordered XL (12.5-13.5) and could have gotten by with L (11-12). I would LOVE to see this range of colors in a thicker sock. I wish Fox River would wake up to colors like this.

Lhasa - I prefer these to similar Pantherellas that I own (I think the Falkes are a bit thicker) . 33% merino wool, 27% viscose, 20% cashmere, 20% nylon. Mine fuzzed up a little bit in a gentle care wash machine (they have not seen the inside of a dryer). If cared for properly I do not think the "fuzz" would have happened.

Airport - Thin as well. 60% wool, 23% cotton, 15% nylon, 2% spandex. STP did not list a L size (11-12) so I went with the 12.3-13.5. they are large on my but they may shrink in my less-than-perfect care cycle. Too thin for my taste.

Walkie Light - Great mid-heavy socks. 70% wool, 30% nylon. This is Postman's sock if there ever was one. I prefer these to my Fox River heavyweight socks. The XLs in these are tad to big for me. These are good socks if your shoes are a half size large... (I know because I am doing this today)

Walkie (regular) - These socks were VERY heavy and they seem sold out now. Great socks for a winter day spend indoors (in place of slippers) but not really appropriate inside of footwear from my viewpoint.

Color Flash - Love the bright colors. 88% cotton, 12% nylon. I got 4 of these (one in each color) and I am very happy. Nice mid-weight sock, very comfortable. The 9.5-12 size fit me well - if a little tight.

Note: I do not work for Falke or Sierra Trading Post and I do not receive income, merchandise, samples, favors or considerations of any kind from manufactures of appeal or footwear. I don't even take those free samples the nice lady offers at the grocery store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics