• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA Seiko Automatic Military Watches $60ish

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not related to this guy in anyway, just giving a heads up.
I found this guy on Ebay a couple months ago and have bought 3 watches since. He is in Singapore, but is legit. It takes a couple weeks to get the watches, but they are all well packed and new. He has many automatic watches in many colors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-SEIKO-MILITA...d=p3911.c0.m14

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm assuming these are fake?
i've bought many vintage Seiko and Casio watches off eBay years ago and many times they're fake, good fakes, but fake.
Also, if he has multiples of the same watch how come he has no boxes of manuals for any of them?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
How much is it with shipping?

It was free for me.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I'm assuming these are fake?
i've bought many vintage Seiko and Casio watches off eBay years ago and many times they're fake, good fakes, but fake.
Also, if he has multiples of the same watch how come he has no boxes of manuals for any of them?

I am %100 sure they are not fake.
laugh.gif
The watch keeps perfect time.
If you were to make a fake watch why would you make a Seiko and not a Rolex/Panerai/IWC...
Also look at his feedback.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the link says 30gpb plus 10 for shipping = 63 and change USD...not 45. Low 60s is what they generally seem to go for (what I paid for mine).

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
I am %100 sure they are not fake.
laugh.gif
The watch keeps perfect time.
If you were to make a fake watch why would you make a Seiko and not a Rolex/Panerai/IWC...
Also look at his feedback.

For one thing, many fake watches keep time very well... another thing, there are thousands of fake Casio and Seiko watches out there, i own over 150 watches, many of which are rare Seiko and Casio models, the scene i used to be into was flooded with fakes.
Why make a fake Seiko when you can make a fake Panerai? Because it's a hundred times more difficult knocking off a Panerai to the point of which it'd fool even collectors.

Note: I'm not exactly saying these watches are fake, but there are a couple of signs here that lead me to believe they are fake.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
the link says 30gpb plus 10 for shipping = 63 and change USD...not 45. Low 60s is what they generally seem to go for (what I paid for mine).

Your right
blush.gif
I could of sworn though that I bought a black one for $48.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
For one thing, many fake watches keep time very well... another thing, there are thousands of fake Casio and Seiko watches out there, i own over 150 watches, many of which are rare Seiko and Casio models, the scene i used to be into was flooded with fakes.
Why make a fake Seiko when you can make a fake Panerai? Because it's a hundred times more difficult knocking off a Panerai to the point of which it'd fool even collectors.

Note: I'm not exactly saying these watches are fake, but there are a couple of signs here that lead me to believe they are fake.

Good points.
However, To make a watch like the one in link and sell it for $60 on ebay, doesn't seem like a good business model.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oshen

Reaction score
The Seiko matches sold in Singapore are made from factories in the region (Malaysia/Thailand/Singapore), and perhaps not as good quality-wise as the MIJ ones. These might be fake or simply taken straight from the factories and sold below retail prices.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
this might be the wrong place to ask this, but I really like the look of those Seiko military-style automatic watches. Is there a place I can order one where I can be sure it's legit?

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Seiko 5 I bought from one of the Singaporean sellers. I'm not sure if it was the same username, but it also came out to $60ish shipped. I believe these are grey-market watches, meaning they're genuine but not intended for the US market, so they don't have the accompanying price markup. The quality may or not be the same, but I've been really happy with mine.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
I have a Seiko 5 I bought from one of the Singaporean sellers. I'm not sure if it was the same username, but it also came out to $60ish shipped. I believe these are grey-market watches, meaning they're genuine but not intended for the US market, so they don't have the accompanying price markup. The quality may or not be the same, but I've been really happy with mine.
+1 to this. If anyone wants a slightly used one let me know. I've upgraded to a slightly more expensive beater.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads