• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Robert Talbott Cufflinks @ Century 21

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a couple of the Talbott cufflinks in the orange boxes at the Lower Manhattan Century 21 for ~$50. They have less than 10 left in the case next to the ties.

Mr_Pacman

Reaction score
I was in New York last week and saw about 30 boxes of Robert Talbott cufflinks at the Century 21 right across the street from "ground zero"

They were all $50. They had them in 2 different sections of the store. Some were in the tie section and the rest were close to all the other cufflinks.

Most of them were stamped .925, but others didn't have the silver stamp. I bought one pair, but wish I bought more of them, but I had never heard of the brand at the time. I kept thinking it was a cheap price for real silver cufflinks.....but the store was hectic and I was feeling a bit rushed by my wife to get out of there.

James

osc

Reaction score
Can I request a proxy?
I'm looking for the RT links in the square/circle multicolour style (center row, first and/or second set of links)

Hope amerikajinda doesn't mind me using the picture
happy.gif

DSCN0841.jpg

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love a pair of Skulls if anyone can get me a set!
smile.gif

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work near C21 and go their often (was there yesterday in fact). The only RT cufflinks I have seen are in the display case which houses the other cufflinks. They have about 6 of them, all of them uninspiring, and I do not believe they are silver. Not worth the $50 IMHO.

JohnD356

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
I work near C21 and go their often (was there yesterday in fact). The only RT cufflinks I have seen are in the display case which houses the other cufflinks. They have about 6 of them, all of them uninspiring, and I do not believe they are silver. Not worth the $50 IMHO.

+1. The stuff I saw there was junk. Maybe it had been really picked over, but I didn't see anything worth $50. If not for the RT boxes I would have assumed Kenneth Cole made them.

TEPLimey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
I'd love a pair of Skulls if anyone can get me a set!
smile.gif

You must have a black tie event on the horizon

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While at Century... did you happen to go to the Mens shoe section?

Did they have any new shoes in the back of the store (premium shoes)? Or still the same Brioni shoes that have been there for a while?

I might do down there after work, but only if there is some new and notable inventory.

Thanks

Mr_Pacman

Reaction score
Were you at the one close to "ground zero" in NYC?

If so, they are in two different sections. They are in a display case where the mens ties are, and also in the other room where the cufflinks are. The big selection was where the ties were. They are not easy to find, as the boxes are stacked up on one another and none are opened for display.

Good Luck!
James

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Pacman
Were you at the one close to "ground zero" in NYC?

If so, they are in two different sections. They are in a display case where the mens ties are, and also in the other room where the cufflinks are. The big selection was where the ties were. They are not easy to find, as the boxes are stacked up on one another and none are opened for display.

Good Luck!
James

Yes, across from Ground Zero. I saw the display case which is next to the cashiers which also happens to be near the ties. I am not aware of any other location.

Loudly

Reaction score
Taxgenius69, if your avatar is you, thanks for the great classes at GULC!

Mr_Pacman

Reaction score
The selection by the tie section had the most. There were a few on the other side of the store in a big display case. Unfortunately, all the boxes were closed and the sales staff were less than enthusiastic to open up the boxes to let me see the different styles.

Just so I know in the future, the Talbott links with the "crest" on the end link are the higher end ones that are made from .925 silver?

Yes, across from Ground Zero. I saw the display case which is next to the cashiers which also happens to be near the ties. I am not aware of any other location.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loudly
Taxgenius69, if your avatar is you, thanks for the great classes at GULC!

Lol. No one else knows what you are talking about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics