• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: RL Pebble Grain Marlow $223 at the RL store in BH

Balthazar

Reaction score
Was in the RL store in Beverly Hills today and saw this and wanted to pass along. I think it's called the Marlow but it's a chunky C&J-made wingtip with pebble grain calf and Dainite sole. Reg $795, I think it's down to $223 or very close to that. Phone number is 310-281-1500.

I was hoping the Darlton would be on sale but no dice.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Balthazar
Was in the RL store in Beverly Hills today and saw this and wanted to pass along. I think it's called the Marlow but it's a chunky C&J-made wingtip with pebble grain calf and Dainite sole. Reg $795, I think it's down to $223 or very close to that. Phone number is 310-281-1500.

I was hoping the Darlton would be on sale but no dice.

How much are the Darltons?Are they still $795?

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys as a heads up I just got off the phone with them and to save everyone some time, and the sales people there a million phone calls, the sale shoes in quesion are Marlow ingreen. The regular Marlows in Brown Cordovan are NOT on sale. Just want to clarify.

I personally have never seen Marlows in Green. Are they Green cordovan? That would be awesome!

Or are they they Green pebble Grain? That is just gross....

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must be pebble grain,are the darltons at full retail?I wonder how much they will go for on sale.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They have to be grain, not green, no?

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
frown.gif
Originally Posted by grimslade
They have to be grain, not green, no?

The SA in mens must be a marsupial, because I tried telling her the same but she claimed the stock person said "green" I was baffled myself and assumed grain. Regardless They do have sizes left unfortunately not a 9. She claims its the Marlow BTW, but I know the Marlowe became the darlton and changed names a while back??? Im confused....

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless I think $223 is a good price for a C&J Wingtip Blucher in Grain. Id much rather have these for that price than the Black fleece alden pebble grains at $300.

Anyone agree? I might cancel my BB order If I can get my hands on these.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
Regardless I think $223 is a good price for a C&J Wingtip Blucher in Grain. Id much rather have these for that price than the Black fleece alden pebble grains at $300.

Does Alden have leather sole?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have pictures of the shoe?

michaelp123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver

I just ordered the Peal and Co wingtip from BB last night. I just might have to follow-up on this RL deal. Although I like the dark walnut of the Peal and Co slightly better. Unfortunately the black fleece only comes in black, but it is cordovan ($400 - 15%).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics