• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA / ?: RL Black Label Made in USA shoes?

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing better than some white loafers for Saturday nights!

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was really more interested in learning about RLBL shoes than the shoes themselves. Didn't see anything on a search. Is the line going to be garbage?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does RLBL even make shoes? Either way, you won't see the classic Ralph Lauren font on Black Label apparel. It has a more sleek font.

PTVA

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of these in different colors-- i find them very comfortable etc. I don't believe they have any designation "black label" or otherwise.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bummer - that's rather unfortunate on amazon's part.

What's the construction/general quality like on the made in USA shoes?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they get a lot of their US made loafers from Alden. I got a nice tan pair of RL Sumners on Amazon for $127 thanks to a PSA on here a couple of weeks ago. I don't believe they are RLBL but Amazon had the same spiel listed. I believe they are still on sale.
Here's a quote from Vox:
"Alden I believe owns a factory in Maine populated by a few of the old Bass and Sebago workers. This factory is the source for rebranded full moc pennies for RL, Paul Stuart etc...they also make for Alden in their Cape Cod line, but afaik there is only a full strap penny available from that with a leather sole (corrections from those who know more welcome.)"

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like they raised the price. Free subscription to details or lucky with purchase!

yerrow

Reaction score
there is no such thing as ralph lauren black label footwear

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.