• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Red Wing Gentleman Traveler, $150 before coupon at Revolve

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is too much misinfo here, remember to size down FROM YOUR DRESS SHOE size

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
I bought the last black 10's last night. Luckily some stole the last 10.5's from me! My actual size is somewhere around 9 1/2 - 10 but I usually go a half size bigger on most shoes. Is this going to be too big if Im supposed to size down a whole size?
it probably will, the toebox is roomy on these boots

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^Um... "dress shoe size" is a pretty meaningless phrase. Which dress shoes? I have dress shoes that are sized comparably to my sneakers, and others that... well, aren't. If you want to use the AE 5 last as a standard that would be more useful to people in determining whether to size down 1/2 or 1. Having tried on red wings in the past I would say 1/2 from 5 last, but I've never actually had to break in a pair nor worn them over a prolonged period.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^Um... "dress shoe size" is a pretty meaningless phrase.

this is wrong, your dress shoe size is the size you get on the measuring device, called a Brannock in the US. Go to nordstrom and get your dress shoe size.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnFacconable
If someone is willing to sell a 10 that doesn't fit (either color), I would be willing to make a reasonable offer. These seem like cool boots.

crap, well it sounds like these might be a little large. Ill try them out once they get in next week and let you know. i got black 10's

Actually, i just looked at my account....says the shoes are "OVERSOLD" Anyone else get this? I emailed revolve to see, so I might find out in a few days.

lecor

Reaction score
Ok, on a Brannock I am a dead 10, but I wear a 9 in RW GT's. And yes, it is a roomy toe box... but you can't say dress shoe size as an accurate reference. I said 10 in Nike/Vans assuming most people have/do own a pair. That said, it is far more forgiving with a sneaker to be off a half size or so...

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
redwing.jpg

Here's cherry with apc...I wear 9.5 in Vans and my brannock measurement is 8.75 and I wear size 8 in GTs and could probably do 7.5, they are long in the toebox and heal. Size down 1 from dress shoes.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: "We are very sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately, this item was not available at the time your order was being processed. Sometimes there are discrepancies between our online stock and physical inventory. You will not be charged for the out of stock item. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we thank you for your inquiry."

Ya'll might wanna check on your orders... looks like Im SOL.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet, mine shipped.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are talking about Revolveclothing.com, right?
I can't seem to even find ANY Red Wing boots!

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lecor
Anyone know if revolve accepts PayPal, couldn't find an answer on the site... thanks for the post!

I used the PayPal plug-in and it worked fine.

atomicranch

Reaction score
Mine shipped.

And, FWIW, I wear a 10.5 in AE Park Avenues and a 10 in the GT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads