PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by andyw, Jun 20, 2008.

1. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

I 2nd that idea, even tough it sounds selfish, but ppl who just lurk here and don't actively contribut shouldn't be entitled to our finds.

Elitist but more of a sour loser on a second thought. Didin't you already bought a suit? Or did you miss the chance to monetize on the opportunity?

There're many resellers among frequently posting members as well.

Hopefully that's the case and some of them will post items to B&S forum or eBay soon. Don't care where I can buy it from as long as prices are reasonable.

I called in this morning and Alex said they are almost out of all men's suits and is waiting for shipment for warehouse. They were 'bombarded' by phone calls over the weekend.

2. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

Elitist but more of a sour loser on a second thought. Didin't you already bought a suit? Or did you miss the chance to monetize on the opportunity?

No, I just bought a suit for myself, not being sour grape or greedy.
    Actually I was trying to make a case for ppl like you who missed out on the sale, but I guess that was misconstruded.

3. Material Boy

Material Boy Senior member

i wonder what RL actually spends when the produce a PL or BL suit.

Ralph Lauren paid between 10 % to 15% of the full retail price from the manufacturers (i.e St. Andrew). I saw these figures with my own eyes. As to the cost to the makers, 5% - 10% of the full retail price. These figures are pretty standard among all the designer labels.

Cost of putting ads in GQ, hiring models for the runway shows, renting and running a nice office in NY, hiring a staff to answer calls for Ralph etc. are bigger contributors to the final price the public is paying.

4. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

managed to score a few suits earlier today. Alex was awesome [​IMG] I chatted with her for a minute she's a really nice girl and she mentioned that some people had been a bit rude[​IMG] which is just lame same rules apply here as in restaurants don't screw with people who make your food and don't screw with people who provide you with badass clothes. Also she said that they might start an account here to let us know when they get in new shipments or when they have sales so yall play nice and hopefully they'll give us a heads up on this stuff... they all tried their best to deal with our queries, but not everyone is as anal about suits as we are so some of the technical terms are lost on them and the risk of a couple of misinterpreted details is easily offset by the super cheap prices.

5. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Ralph Lauren paid between 10 % to 15% of the full retail price from the manufacturers (i.e St. Andrew). I saw these figures with my own eyes. As to the cost to the makers, 5% - 10% of the full retail price. These figures are pretty standard among all the designer labels.

Cost of putting ads in GQ, hiring models for the runway shows, renting and running a nice office in NY, hiring a staff to answer calls for Ralph etc. are bigger contributors to the final price the public is paying.

sounds like a good figure, i always figure my contributions are keeping people working, but it always makes me wonder how much i'm actually paying for the suit, and how much for the service.

6. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

managed to score a few suits earlier today. Alex was awesome [​IMG] I chatted with her for a minute she's a really nice girl and she mentioned that some people had been a bit rude[​IMG] which is just lame same rules apply here as in restaurants don't screw with people who make your food and don't screw with people who provide you with badass clothes. Also she said that they might start an account here to let us know when they get in new shipments or when they have sales so yall place nice and hopefully they'll give us a heads up on this stuff... they all tried their best to deal with our queries, but not everyone is as anal about suits as we are so some of the technical terms are lost on them and the risk of a couple of misinterpreted details is easily offset by the super cheap prices.

Really? I talked to her Monday early afternoon and its all gone. Guess I should call them back again today to get my name in. [​IMG]

BTW, PST if you are willing to part with any size 42R suits.

7. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I find this very hard to believe. If Ralph Lauren is buying the suits for $300-$500 then they are getting them for less than half what the other stores are paying. They have pull but not that much.

Generally speaking the markup for tailored clothing is 2-3 times. At $599 a suit RL is losing money (on that particular suit, not on the whole buy.)

8. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

Just a quick question -- do the Purple Label suits have the same "low rider" characteristics of the Black Label line? I don't have anywhere nearby that I can try on a Purple Label suit, but love the styling.

9. forex

forex Senior member

sounds like a good figure, i always figure my contributions are keeping people working, but it always makes me wonder how much i'm actually paying for the suit, and how much for the service.

85% for service,that's pretty steep.But on the other side,if you get a suit directly from tailors,it is not going to be much cheaper,is it?

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I find this very hard to believe. If Ralph Lauren is buying the suits for $300-$500 then they are getting them for about half what the other stores are paying. They have pull but not that much.

Generally speaking the markup for tailored clothing is 2-3 times. At $599 a suit RL is losing money (on that particular suit, not on the whole buy.)

Me too. I call BS on this. I can't imagine they cost $300-$500. That could be excluding material costs, maybe, but those are significant.

11. SkinnyGoomba

Just a quick question -- do the Purple Label suits have the same "low rider" characteristics of the Black Label line? I don't have anywhere nearby that I can try on a Purple Label suit, but love the styling.

i dont believe purple label is going to be nearly as fashion forward as black label.

I believe the black label, while not as trendy as Dior or Dolce Gabbana, is going to be along those lines.

Thats infact the reason why i chose a black label, i'm 23 and fashion forward works for me.

12. SkinnyGoomba

I find this very hard to believe. If Ralph Lauren is buying the suits for $300-$500 then they are getting them for about half what the other stores are paying. They have pull but not that much.

Thanks for clearing that up, basically we're buying these below cost....nice [​IMG]

13. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Thanks for clearing that up, basically we're buying these below cost....nice [​IMG]

Many, if not most of the deals seen on SF, are well below wholesale price, or even the cost to make the item.

14. SkinnyGoomba

why do you think i stick around here? [​IMG]

15. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wonder what it costs to make a pair of Incotex cotton trou.