1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by andyw, Jun 20, 2008.

1. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

we should treat Alex to something, she has done far beyound the call of duty, I will be up there Friday, if anyone thinks of something.

2. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

we should treat Alex to something, she has done far beyound the call of duty, I will be up there Friday, if anyone thinks of something.

I will take her out for dinner and send you guys the bill.....its the least i can do for my buds! [​IMG]

Regards.

3. sartort

sartort Senior member

Is a throat latch that extra fabric with a buttonhole that sticks out on one lapel?
    Exactly. It allows the jacket to be button up all the way when it is cold out. On some jackets, the throat latch is integral and part of the collar/lapel, in others is is attached itself by a button on the underside of one lapel. In the second case, you can detach the throat latch all together.

4. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I think I tried on the 42L navy blue suit when I was up there on Saturday. The jacket could have fit a regular but the pants were a size 40. Obviously, I'm not sure if this is the exact same suit, but ask about the pant size if ordering. I actually had the same problem when I ordered last week, in that the suit didnt match the pants (the colors were not identical, and the pants were a size 40 with a size 42 jacket). In fairness, I was told about the size issue before I purchased, but the jacket had a blazer price tag. Both items were same weight wool but everyone I showed it to agreed the blue didnt match. However, the 42L I tried on at the store seemed to match color-wise, it was just that the pant size was off.

5. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

I think I tried on the 42L navy blue suit when I was up there on Saturday. The jacket could have fit a regular but the pants were a size 40. Obviously, I'm not sure if this is the exact same suit, but ask about the pant size if ordering. I actually had the same problem when I ordered last week, in that the suit didnt match the pants (the colors were not identical, and the pants were a size 40 with a size 42 jacket). In fairness, I was told about the size issue before I purchased, but the jacket had a blazer price tag. Both items were same weight wool but everyone I showed it to agreed the blue didnt match. However, the 42L I tried on at the store seemed to match color-wise, it was just that the pant size was off.

I think that you're right -- that probably was the suit that she mentioned. I called and spoke to Denise early today and it wasn't showing up and Alex indicated via PM that this might have been 1/2 of an outfit that was missing pants.

6. RichmondStyle

By the way, I'm considering gaining about 50 pounds so that I'm not fighting with the folks on here for sizes when these sales pop up [​IMG]

7. SuitingStyle

By the way, I'm considering gaining about 50 pounds so that I'm not fighting with the folks on here for sizes when these sales pop up [​IMG]

then you are competing with me, you don't want to be competing with me buddy...... [​IMG]

8. RichmondStyle

then you are competing with me, you don't want to be competing with me buddy...... [​IMG]

Your profile says you have a 34 inch waist. You must have really let yourself go. [​IMG]

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

QFT. [​IMG]

10. SuitingStyle

Your profile says you have a 34 inch waist. You must have really let yourself go. [​IMG]

still do have 34 inches waist, just have bigger chest and shoulders now.....

11. overdog

overdog Senior member

FYI, the 40L tux is double-breasted, if that saves anyone from having to call.

12. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

Any of you know who makes the Black Label suits for Ralph?

13. kali77

kali77 Senior member

I believe it is Caruso

14. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

Either Stacy Adams or FUBU. Once in a while I see one that I can identify by the tags as an authentic Jones NY. This applies especially to size 38R. Keep away from those. [​IMG]

15. sartort

sartort Senior member

this is the black herringbone jacket i was talking about with the throat latch and hacking (slanted) pockets. unique details for black label. if only this suit would have been in grey... it looks like someone snatched it from woodbury and has listed it on the 'bay. i like how the throat latch can be buttoned back to create a regular notch lapel.

16. Nahmeanz

Nahmeanz Senior member

fyi, there are still some really good deals on black label suits at Bloomingdale's. I went this morning and picked up a light grey glen plaid suit for $646.20, 64% off the original price. They're marked down 40% with an additional 40%.

17. SuitingStyle

Bloomie sells RL suits?
    I thought the higher lines they carry are Canali and Cornelani.....

18. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

Either Stacy Adams or FUBU. Once in a while I see one that I can identify by the tags as an authentic Jones NY. This applies especially to size 38R. Keep away from those. [​IMG]

Thanks. That was really really helpful.

19. Nahmeanz

Nahmeanz Senior member

Bloomie sells RL suits?
    I thought the higher lines they carry are Canali and Cornelani.....

Yea, some Bloomies do. I know San Francisco, Chevy Chase, White Plains, North Michigan Ave, and Chestnut Hill carries black label because I've had them sent to me from there.

20. haganah

haganah Senior member

this is the black herringbone jacket i was talking about with the throat latch and hacking (slanted) pockets. unique details for black label. if only this suit would have been in grey... it looks like someone snatched it from woodbury and has listed it on the 'bay. i like how the throat latch can be buttoned back to create a regular notch lapel.
    That looks like the weave on the one I got but I don't remember the throat latch so I'll check it out when I get home. It's still black though [​IMG]