1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by andyw, Jun 20, 2008.

1. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

The shoulder padding might be a little more generous than black label though and I'm wondering whether it's at all possible to make the alteration to get that black label fit given my massive shoulders as is.

Not to rain on the frenzy, but I am in the middle of it myself. But I was a bit suprised to see so many ppl like the purple label and black label cut, Given a decent amout of forum member prefer the light padded shoulder look. Both Black label and purple label are well padded in the shoulders, and in my opinion , their main target are for ppl with minimal muscular built.
    So its not a ideal fit for me, but given and quality of these suits and the price we are getting them, I guess its hard to resist.

2. haganah

haganah Senior member

Bummer!

Sorry they aren't working out. Hope you can tailor them to your liking.

I ended up passing on the RLBL Charcoal in size 38. I just couldn't get an accurate read on what it would be like. The last description said it was charcoal, but very dark...almost black. Herringbone weave. Lastly, and this was both very intriguing and at the same time odd, given that it was black label, the jacket featured slanted pockets and a throat latch. I've never seen black label have these features. Polo sure, Purple sure, but this does not seem like part of the black label lexicon. Part of me wishes I took the chance on it just to see.

Does your black label charcoal suit have these features? If so, can you post a pic?

First, let's refer to it as black and not charcoal. And the weave isn't exactly a weave like you're thinking...I'm having trouble thinking of how to describe it but basically it looks like a slightly faded black. It is without a doubt black although not as strong of a black like my tuxedo. I'm not sure what a throat latch is though. The purple label has a small pocket above one of the side pockets...for change...a pocket watch? not sure since I didn't even think to look until you brought up the pockets.

In all honesty, I'm amazed that the short black labels I already own, the regular purple label i just bought, and the long black label i just bought all seem to be of the same proportion when it comes to height and can simply be tailored. Everyone always talks about not altering the length of a jacket because it screws with the proportions and I don't see how that's true anymore. It's opened up a lot of options for me now.

3. haganah

haganah Senior member

Not to rain on the frenzy, but I am in the middle of it myself. But I was a bit suprised to see so many ppl like the purple label and black label cut, Given a decent amout of forum member prefer the light padded shoulder look. Both Black label and purple label are well padded in the shoulders, and in my opinion , their main target are for ppl with minimal muscular built.
    So its not a ideal fit for me, but given and quality of these suits and the price we are getting them, I guess its hard to resist.

I keep playing with the shoulders on the jackets and it's hard to describe how the two are different. I think the black label is a bit tighter and more roped but the purple label is bigger in general. Hopefully, I'll decide soon and I won't have the charge on my next credit card bill [​IMG]

4. RLgirl

RLgirl Member

i would like to apologize for not posting sooner. i will definitely get my suit list prepared for tomorrow. today was just a very busy and long day at the store, so i didnt have the chance. [​IMG]

Can someone please call Ralph and let him know what a gem of a person his corporation has!![​IMG]
    She may singlehandidly sell most of the RLPL/BL in the state....and can accuratly describe a suit to SF standards....with a smile!![​IMG] [​IMG]

Regards.

Seconded! Alex, you're the best

i just had to quote you guys because you are really the best. THANK YOU

The black label suit I got was off. It was described as a dark charcoal, almost black and a 40R. It's labeled as "Nero" (black) although it does look like a faded black and it's a 40L. I put it against my other jackets from black label and the pocket location is on the same for all so I guess theoretically I could have the length altered to fit appropriately.

However, it is still black, albeit a faded black. Not sure what to do.

The 40R purple label suit sorta fit the description. The grey is not light but perhaps I misheard that portion. The shoulder padding might be a little more generous than black label though and I'm wondering whether it's at all possible to make the alteration to get that black label fit given my massive shoulders as is. If I decide not to keep it, I already have someone from SF interested in it but if they don't want it, I'll drop it on here or just drive up there soon and return it.

I don't think I'm doing as well on these SF feeding frenzies as you guys [​IMG]

im very sorry to hear this. i hope that you are able to get the right fit and everything works out. if it doesnt you can definitely return. just remember it has to be within the thirty days with the reciept and tags. if you dont plan on doing any shopping at the outlets, i suggest you just ship it back, you'd have to call the store before hand and just let us know. it might not be worth the trouble to drive up here for that. if you'd like you can send me a pm with your info, and ill see what i can find tomorrow. you can also call the store, i will be in at one

5. RLgirl

RLgirl Member

so here it is. its organized by size, obviously[​IMG]

36R

-RLBL chocolate brown with pinstripe
    peak lapel, SB, 2B
    quantity:1

38S

-RLBL very dark brown
    notch lapel, SN+B, 2B
    quantity:2

-RLBL chocolate brown with pinstripe
    peak lapel, SB, 2B
    quantity:4

-RLPL solid tan
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

38R

-RLBL very dark brown
    notch lapel, SB, 2B
    quantity:5

-RLBL solid navy, thick material(little grooves, ribbed)
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL faded(light) black with herringbone weave
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL black with pinstripe
    peak lapel, SB, 2B

40S

notch lapel, SB, 2B

40L

notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL solid black with herringbone weave
    peak lapel, SB, 2B

-RLPL tuxedo

42S

-RLBL very dark brown
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

42L

-RLPL solid dark blue
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

44R

-RLBL solid black
    peak lapel, SB, 2B

-RLPL black with classic style pinstripe
    peak lapel, DB, 2B

notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL solid black with herringbone weave
    peak lapel, SB, 2B

-RLPL tuxedo

44L

-RLBL black with tight pinstripe
    peak lapel, SB, 2B

46R

-RLPL black with tight pinstripe
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLPL faded(light light) black with classic style pinstripe
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

46L

-RLPL navy (thicker material, still wool)
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

48R

-RLBL navy with pinstripe
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL solid navy, thick material(little grooves, ribbed)
    notch lapel, SB, 2B

if there are any questions, ask. i will do my best to answer from memory. you can also call the store. unfortunately, i wont be in tomorrow[​IMG]

have a wonderful day everyone!

6. LesterSnodgrass

LesterSnodgrass Senior member

Call me if you need me!

You have many marriage proposals in your near future.[​IMG]

7. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

Dibs on the 42L, RL Girl, you're the best!!!!

8. kaxixi

kaxixi Senior member

What does "SN+B" stand for?

I have this and love it:

RLBL chocolate brown with pinstripe
    peak lapel, SB, 2B
    quantity:4

9. overdog

overdog Senior member

What does "SN+B" stand for?

Probably mistyped an "N" and pressed + instead of Backspace.

I want the 40L tux! Calling tomorrow.

10. kaxixi

kaxixi Senior member

Good call, understood.

11. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

RL girl thank you! if you ever get any 36S be sure to post or PM me!!!

12. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

Once again, you've outdone yourself, RLgirl... The list may look simple, but it must've taken awhile to make and I'm sure it was quite tedious as well...Much appreciated!

13. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

14. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

15. unaware

unaware Senior member

don't know how I missed some of these items when I was in the store yesterday. Bought two RLBL suits in 40R, one in faded black/nero (I thought it was dark grey until I checked the tag inside) and solid navy (same one RLgirl listed). Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I'm glad I decided to take a gamble and drive 45 min up there w/o knowing what's left.

ps. Tried on the RLBL dark brown in 38R. Chest area slightly larger than other RLBL 38's. It actually fits me perfectly. Still considering it.

16. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Bummer!

Sorry they aren't working out. Hope you can tailor them to your liking.

I ended up passing on the RLBL Charcoal in size 38. I just couldn't get an accurate read on what it would be like. The last description said it was charcoal, but very dark...almost black. Herringbone weave. Lastly, and this was both very intriguing and at the same time odd, given that it was black label, the jacket featured slanted pockets and a throat latch. I've never seen black label have these features. Polo sure, Purple sure, but this does not seem like part of the black label lexicon. Part of me wishes I took the chance on it just to see.

Does your black label charcoal suit have these features? If so, can you post a pic?

I have this suit. It is rather black looking, but faded. The herringbone weave is a nice touch but invisible unless you are close. Definitely view this as a black suit - i.e. forget about wearing brown shoes with it.

17. sartort

sartort Senior member

I have this suit. It is rather black looking, but faded. The herringbone weave is a nice touch but invisible unless you are close. Definitely view this as a black suit - i.e. forget about wearing brown shoes with it.
    MetroStyles, Thanks for the clafication. In that case, I am glad I passed because I would have been expecting charcoal. I'm sure it's still a great suit, just not what I was in the market for or would have been expecting had a I placed an order. Alex/RLGirl is the best!!! can I nominate her as best SF SA ever. Or at least best SA 2008?

18. wq1999

wq1999 Senior member

Is a throat latch that extra fabric with a buttonhole that sticks out on one lapel?

19. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

WOW!!!!!!!!
    RLgirl....[​IMG]

Regards.

20. composite

composite Active Member