1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by andyw, Jun 20, 2008.

1. haganah

haganah Senior member

Ack anyone call about 40S? I was told I'd get a call back just now but if any of you do know, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

2. unaware

unaware Senior member

Ack anyone call about 40S? I was told I'd get a call back just now but if any of you do know, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

don't know about the RLPL, but they're out of S and R in RLBL 40's. She called me back in less than 10 min.

3. kaxixi

kaxixi Senior member

I'm in your exact situation. I would love to see some pics of the pants to determine whether I should pull the trigger myself.

I've tried them on. Their fit seems identical to their suit pants, but the fabrics were heavier on the pairs I've seen.

4. haganah

haganah Senior member

don't know about the RLPL, but they're out of S and R in RLBL 40's. She called me back in less than 10 min.
    Still no call. I've got bad luck I suppose.

5. forex

forex Senior member

Still no call. I've got bad luck I suppose.

I can't get through either,do you mind asking about 40L BL if they call you?Color and price.
    thanks.

6. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

scored a RLPL suit. thanks Stlye forum.
    Trishla(sic) the floor manager helped me with my purchase over the phone

7. Nahmeanz

Nahmeanz Senior member

for 40 shorts the SA told me:

a dark grey black label suit is available, she didn't know what a lapel when I asked
    a velvet sportcoat

I got a black topcoat in a 40 for 599.99 + 25% off...sweet...

8. haganah

haganah Senior member

I called again and asked about all 40 R, S, and L. She said she'd call me in 15 minutes and I am only interested in the S so I'll post here and tell you all what is available for R and L.

Also, she claimed that the length (from collar to hem) on the jackets are all the same and it's only the sleeves that change with size. That's not true, right? I mean she said she measured them so I had no way to respond. Either way I wanted the short length.

Also are these are final sale, no return?

9. Nahmeanz

Nahmeanz Senior member

I'm a 40S but I buy either a 40S or 40R, my tailor does the rest.

10. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

I was told you could return @ either the regular polo outlet or other RL facotry store

11. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

I think you'll have no trouble "returning" them to the B/S forum. [​IMG]

12. forex

forex Senior member

Sales associate promised to call back,still no call.They seem to be pretty busy[​IMG]

13. RLgirl

RLgirl Member

sorry that the SA's arent getting back to you guys as quickly as you would like. i wish i could help.

to answer the question about returns, they can be done within the first 30 days, tags attatched and must be accompanied with a receipt. and yes, the polo factory stores should all accept returns from us, except the one in woodbury, because the RL store is right there. I would call in advance though to make sure if they carry PSR's (polo shop returns). thats what this type of merchandise is called in these stores. i think all polo factory outlets carry them, so everyone should be fine. i know the outlet in long island does accept returns from us. but like i said, call first.

14. haganah

haganah Senior member

I spoke with Trishla. I taught her what a notch and peak lapel were so you guys can thank me. She was very nice and patient and I recommend her since she was the only one to call me back [​IMG] I purchased a black label suit that was dark charcoal. She didn't know if it was a 40R or 40S because it didn't say. She also said it might be black with some sort of a weave pattern (herringbone?). I also purchased a light grey purple label with white stripes. 550 each and then 25% off on top. They had a light brown/dark khaki (i think purple label) in 40R and a black cashmere (100% cashmere) sport coat available which sounded great but it was just black. As for outerwear, they had 3 medium black label trench coats but I'm not sure exactly what they were. One was leather so I passed. The other two were black fabric and one had a belt. I figured I already am taking enough of a risk here so I passed on those. Ground shipping costs $10. If they don't fit, you guys can buy them off me or I'll just bum a ride to Woodbury, drop them off and thank the staff for all their patience.

15. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

42R solid navy are out.

16. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

When I was there today the phone seemed to be ringing off the hook.

Hopefully they give those of us who make it there in person some special treatment and first notice on new shipments! [​IMG]

I wound up with with two Black Label suits and one Purple Label overcoat

17. RLgirl

RLgirl Member

so im sure the phones have definitely been ringing off the hook. so im glad that people are taking charge of the phone orders while im away. just so everyone knows, if the trip to woodbury isnt possible, the returns can be shipped back. generally it is best to call first and let someone know. all you will need to ship back is to send the receipt(a photocopy should be fine if you'd like) and on that put your phone number. we will call you and get your credit card number for the obvious reasons.

i hope no one is getting upset by having to explain what a knotch a peak lapel is. training in that store hasnt been completely sufficient. but i am confident that everyone will pick up pretty quickly. so it wont be long before you wont be able to tell who's who

18. haganah

haganah Senior member

so im sure the phones have definitely been ringing off the hook. so im glad that people are taking charge of the phone orders while im away. just so everyone knows, if the trip to woodbury isnt possible, the returns can be shipped back. generally it is best to call first and let someone know. all you will need to ship back is to send the receipt(a photocopy should be fine if you'd like) and on that put your phone number. we will call you and get your credit card number for the obvious reasons. i hope no one is getting upset by having to explain what a knotch a peak lapel is. training in that store hasnt been completely sufficient. but i am confident that everyone will pick up pretty quickly. so it wont be long before you wont be able to tell who's who
    No, no...please don't even think that. It's no problem. Even at the mansion we can ask mundane questions.

19. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

RLgirl, whats the email for the store? I have a package waiting for some shipping info but can't get through on the phone....HELP[​IMG]

20. unaware

unaware Senior member

hmmm...the stock seems to fluctuate quite a bit within just a few hours. I had called because someone posted earlier today that a black stripe was available in 38R, but when I called it wasn't there. I asked about 40's and was told only Long available. Then haganah got the dark charcoal in 40R or 40S?

I'm by no means criticizing anyone over there. Just wondering if I should call a few times hoping to find what I'm looking for.