• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Overstock.com Watch Sale

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're having 10% off right now, but it lets you combine 10% with Paypal for 20% off. I just tried it and it works. I think they have a big watch sale at some point, but for those who cannot wait, 20% of isn't bad.

NOLA1

Reaction score
Holy ****, I can't wait!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

millionaire75

Reaction score
I've never used overstock before until the other day. Wound up buying an Oris diver. Very impressed with the site. Good selection of watches.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
What's the paypal 10% code?

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Just so you know, 10% off + 10% off is not 20% off. Sorry... pet peeve

They took off 10% of the total price for both deductions. For example, if the item was $400, they took $40 off and another $40 off. That's $80 off. I'm not a mathematician, but I believe that's 20% off of the $400 listed price.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yes but how do you get the extra 10% off through paypal lol

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL There was a link on my checkout page.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DapperDave
They took off 10% of the total price for both deductions. For example, if the item was $400, they took $40 off and another $40 off. That's $80 off. I'm not a mathematician, but I believe that's 20% off of the $400 listed price.

Touche. Well most people get it wrong. Sorry.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiLLscaLLion
What do you guys think of this watch for a 50-year-old? How's Stuhrling as a brand?

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...3/product.html

Originally Posted by gdl203
I would absolutely, categorically stay away from the cheaply-made Chinese watches marketed in airline magazines, i.e. Stauer, Steinhausen and Stuhrling.

Quality is abyssmal FWIU and will last for a year or two, if hands or back don't fall off first.

If you want a cheap watch, get a Seiko, Hamilton, Stowa... i.e. respectable low-cost makers

I can't speak for or against Stuhrling myself, but this is a quote from another thread

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What gdl203 said. Why would people buy watches from what are essentially marketing companies?
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads