PSA: NYC Paul Stuart Sample Sale April 13

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TC11201, Apr 3, 2009.

1. haganah

haganah Senior member

Ummm. What are you talking about? I am not Oxxford? Why do you think I'm this guy?
    Why are you man-crushing on me?
    All of your posts are socially awkward, annoying, and repetitive - just like his are. He said he had Aspergers so maybe creating multiple user names is a result of that. It's OK if you are, just tone it down dude, relax, and post the socially awkward items on a blog or as a comment on the huffington post. No worries.

2. gherrmann

gherrmann Senior member

I stayed away from the ties today, gotta have something fresh to look at tomorrow.

there were a few passable stripes, but nothing really spoke to me. maybe if they drop the prices a bit more, the ties will get prettier. overall, though, it was the same sort of tie selection as is typically seen at the in-store sales. not to rain on your parade or anything, but . . .

3. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

sport jackets are now 90% off. picked up a light blue linen with patch pockets ($118) and the light blue linen glencheck ($98)

pants were 50 bucks or 3 for 135.

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

sport jackets are now 90% off. picked up a light blue linen with patch pockets ($118) and the light blue linen glencheck ($98)

Definitely worth another visit tomorrow!

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

All of your posts are socially awkward, annoying, and repetitive - just like his are. He said he had Aspergers so maybe creating multiple user names is a result of that. It's OK if you are, just tone it down dude, relax, and post the socially awkward items on a blog or as a comment on the huffington post. No worries.
    Please don't address me anymore. I do not know you and I am not the person you are referring to.

Thank you.

6. haganah

haganah Senior member

Please don't address me anymore. I do not know you and I am not the person you are referring to.

Thank you.

Do they have any size 56s? How much is it? How much is it? Do they have any size 56s?

OK OxxfordSJIL!

7. davidsj

davidsj Senior member

Did they recently drop the price? As of 1PM it was still only 80% on most of them..

8. andyw

andyw Senior member

I beg to dissgree!!

I just got back and the sale was killer. Suits are 75% off, sport coats and trousers are 80%.

I picked up the following:

2 Stuart's Choice Isaia suits
    1 Phineas suit
    1 Phineas pure cashmere sport coat
    4 pairs Phineas trousers
    1 Phineas sport shirt
    4 pocket squares
    1 cashmere knit cap

All for less than the origonal price of 1 Stuart's Choice suit.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You must have had the clothes fairy dust with you too. [​IMG]

9. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

^^ I got there around 530. Don't know what time they did the additional discount. i believe there are two more days left. I can't imagine them going more than 90% off-but hey, who knows.

10. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

^^ I got there around 530. Don't know what time they did the additional discount. i believe there are two more days left. I can't imagine them going more than 90% off-but hey, who knows.
    As soon as they hit 100%, I'm buying everything.

11. chriskl

chriskl Well-Known Member

Can't believe that I used to live literally next door to this place for 2 years, but only went once to one of their sales! [​IMG]

I'm jealous of you guys...

12. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I went this morning. Suits are now 80% off, shirts and sweaters 80% off, pants $50 or 3 for $135, sport coats 90% off, shoes an additional $50 off. It's possible I wasn't looking closely enough before, but I think they've put out a few new things. There were a couple pairs of the Phineas Cole black wingtips in 9.5D ($200) and a couple in other sizes as well. Some cool spectators, too, but they were not Grenson and the quality of the leather looked terrible. I have my shopping mojo working like never before. I added: Navy nailhead 6x2 double breasted suit, side vents, horn buttons Gray flannel w/ large subtle orange plaid suit, two button single breasted peaked lapel Navy linen/cotton Phineas Cole 2 patch pocket unlined unpadded Italian made sport coat (for B/S) And for the wife, at 90% off: Scottish cashmere navy v-neck Scottish cashmere black cardigan [​IMG]

13. skefferz

skefferz Senior member

It's possible I wasn't looking closely enough before, but I think they've put out a few new things. There were a couple pairs of the Phineas Cole black wingtips in 9.5D ($200) and a couple in other sizes as well.

These shoes were under the table on Monday--the boxes were very large.

14. mfadam

mfadam Senior member

did anyone happen to see what outerwear discounts are now or if the selection is any good?

15. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I've seen those Phineas Cole shoes before. They fit quite large in my opinion, and the toe is extremely elongated, which looks odd with the short toe cap/wingtip