• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: New Shipment of Suits and Blazers at RL Woodbury

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I had to call 15 times. Yes, I am that lame.

THAT'S why their number was busy the 6 times I called them!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Did they get more in today?

Not as of when I spoke to them. Suits were done by noon, and the new stuff was sportcoats..

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Not as of when I spoke to them. Suits were done by noon, and the new stuff was sportcoats..

I thought everything was done yesterday. I got something in a 40s! Doubt it's going to fit...ugh.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
I called this evening and it looks like they sold through everything regarding suits and sportcoats. No pants other than linen PL. The best thing left are a few cashmere sweaters for $100 that are in some funky colors.
Guess I'll wait for some stuff to pop up in the B.S. section

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacksdad
I called this evening and it looks like they sold through everything regarding suits and sportcoats. No pants other than linen PL. The best thing left are a few cashmere sweaters for $100 that are in some funky colors.
Guess I'll wait for some stuff to pop up in the B.S. section

What size are ya?

Jacksdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
What size are ya?

either 38 or 40R. I barely find these sizes in the store full price, so I am doubtful that they had anything good in this size in the outlet.

oaw01

Reaction score
How hard is it to make a RLBL 40s and a RLPL 40s into a 38s?
I just scored a RLBL Black cotton blazer and a St Andrews Cashmere/silk blazer in 40s.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
How hard is it to make a RLBL 40s and a RLPL 40s into a 38s?
I just scored a RLBL Black cotton blazer and a St Andrews Cashmere/silk blazer in 40s.

Shoulder and chest will be the problem,I wouldn't do that unless you have a competent tailor and even if you do,I bet it is going to be expensive.If the shoulder measurements are yours,you can easily get the chest and waist taken in and even shorten your jackets.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got through. For you 40Rs out there, there are just a few sportscoats left. A cotton black label one and a Flax RLPL one. Btw, some of the RLPL stuff being sold is Cantarelli - not all St. Andrews/.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Just got through. For you 40Rs out there, there are just a few sportscoats left. A cotton black label one and a Flax RLPL one. Btw, some of the RLPL stuff being sold is Cantarelli - not all St. Andrews/.

Flax RLPL? Is it Cantarelli?Did they give you description?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Flax RLPL? Is it Cantarelli?Did they give you description?
It's a 40S sport coat...glen plaid, flax, single breasted, notch lapel, purple label. I passed on it. Not sure who the maker is. They didn't have any other 40S or any 40R available. Enjoy.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Shoulder and chest will be the problem,I wouldn't do that unless you have a competent tailor and even if you do,I bet it is going to be expensive.If the shoulder measurements are yours,you can easily get the chest and waist taken in and even shorten your jackets.
I'm not too worry about the RLBL since it runs smaller. However, the RLPL might be the problem. I guess I might have to get rid of it on B&S. Anyone with measurements for RLPL St. Andrews for a 40s and the RLBL 40s. thanks

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
It's a 40S sport coat...glen plaid, flax, single breasted, notch lapel, purple label. I passed on it. Not sure who the maker is. They didn't have any other 40S or any 40R available. Enjoy.

Thanks,shorts don't work for me,PL coats are short as it is.
I scored some kind of jacket,unlined one,brown with yellowish windowpane.It should get here tomorrow,we'll see what it looks like.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
I'm not too worry about the RLBL since it runs smaller. However, the RLPL might be the problem. I guess I might have to get rid of it on B&S. Anyone with measurements for RLPL St. Andrews for a 40s and the RLBL 40s. thanks
I'd be very worried about doing what you described with either the BL or the PL. I guess if the shoulder fits just right, you should be OK but otherwise what you're describing won't look the greatest and will also take something you got for cheap and make it expensive after the alterations. What color was the RLPL one?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads