• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA New and Lingwood @ SALE, inc Poulsen Skone shoes

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I who thought Poulsen Skone never went on sale ... Russian calf in not how ever
frown.gif
http://www.newandlingwood.co.uk/ Their shirts are quite nice to.

Leather man

Reaction score
My great disappointment with New and Lingwood is that they don't offer any wide fitting shoes. Their Poulsen Skone are all narrow-mid fitting "E" - American "D"

Last year I was all ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Russian Calf until I saw they were one or two width fittings too narrow and no choice of width either. Now I don't have that kind of money
eh.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
most likely grenson masterpieces.

Why so? I say C&J.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
you say tomato, i say tomato...

Yeah, but I have reasons. That medallion is a very distinctive C&J-specific design that I've never seen anywhere but on C&J shoes. If you've seen it on a Grenson, I'd love to see it too.

Leather man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Yeah, but I have reasons. That medallion is a very distinctive C&J-specific design that I've never seen anywhere but on C&J shoes. If you've seen it on a Grenson, I'd love to see it too.

I agree with you. Also someone who once worked for N&L said that in his day their shoes were made by C&J to their own quality level ( don't know if that is a better or worse level than C&J own label?)

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to previous posts from London based SF'ers the N&L range was C&J the PoulsenSkone range was Grenson to MP standard. On par with Dunhill & Paul Stuart I should think.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leather man
I agree with you. Also someone who once worked for N&L said that in his day their shoes were made by C&J to their own quality level ( don't know if that is a better or worse level than C&J own label?)

my mistake. :)

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I have always wanted their butterfly loafer, but I see that it is excluded from the sale this year, too.

Bic

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had a pre sale 2weeks ago, where it was included. I would try mailing, with reference to their site some weeks ago. Mind you they announced only black ... Think they where 40% off...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads