• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA New and Lingwood @ SALE, inc Poulsen Skone shoes

Leather man

Reaction score
My great disappointment with New and Lingwood is that they don't offer any wide fitting shoes. Their Poulsen Skone are all narrow-mid fitting "E" - American "D"

Last year I was all ready to pull the trigger on a pair of Russian Calf until I saw they were one or two width fittings too narrow and no choice of width either. Now I don't have that kind of money

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
most likely grenson masterpieces.

Why so? I say C&J.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
you say tomato, i say tomato...

Yeah, but I have reasons. That medallion is a very distinctive C&J-specific design that I've never seen anywhere but on C&J shoes. If you've seen it on a Grenson, I'd love to see it too.

Leather man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Yeah, but I have reasons. That medallion is a very distinctive C&J-specific design that I've never seen anywhere but on C&J shoes. If you've seen it on a Grenson, I'd love to see it too.

I agree with you. Also someone who once worked for N&L said that in his day their shoes were made by C&J to their own quality level ( don't know if that is a better or worse level than C&J own label?)

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to previous posts from London based SF'ers the N&L range was C&J the PoulsenSkone range was Grenson to MP standard. On par with Dunhill & Paul Stuart I should think.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leather man
I agree with you. Also someone who once worked for N&L said that in his day their shoes were made by C&J to their own quality level ( don't know if that is a better or worse level than C&J own label?)

my mistake. :)

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I have always wanted their butterfly loafer, but I see that it is excluded from the sale this year, too.

Bic

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had a pre sale 2weeks ago, where it was included. I would try mailing, with reference to their site some weeks ago. Mind you they announced only black ... Think they where 40% off...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40