• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: MUST READ: Off 5th Clearance

Lawman

Reaction score
Guys, I was in the Off 5th in Charlotte today, and the deals were, well, dare I say decadent! Corneliani sportcoats regular retail $1100 for $80.00; Hickey Freeman top end (Madison/full canvas) regular retail $1500 for $250. Lots of heavy flannel weight suits, sizes well-represented up to 48XL. Corneliani suits for $300. Also lots of Zegna at half price or less, both suits and sportcoats. I just happened to be driving through. I have too many suits, but I scored one of the Corneliani jackets and also got a pair of Zanella Benny trousers for $40.00.

Sorry, but I won't be going back through before all is gone. Happy hunting!

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw similar deals at the off 5th in Miami dolphin mall today

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but you wouldn't wanna take a shyte in it
devil.gif

greyinla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd
I'm actually going to be in Nashville this weekend and was planning a trip to the Saks Off5th there. Anyone know what the selection is like at that store?

You never know of course, but in general, it's not one of the better ones in the chain. When I've gone it's been mostly calvin klein/abboud/brant, etc. Nashville is a great town, but not much for bargain clothes shopping.

Quatsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greyinla
You never know of course, but in general, it's not one of the better ones in the chain. When I've gone it's been mostly calvin klein/abboud/brant, etc. Nashville is a great town, but not much for bargain clothes shopping.

Seconded. When I go shopping in Nashvegas, I usually don't bother stopping by.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Yeah, but you wouldn't wanna take a shyte in it
devil.gif

Yeah I don't get it, the one at Woodbury and the one in Wrentham both suck. really crappy selection of suits. I haven't seen any HF Mainline(all Ltd) and I haven't seen any Zegna either.

You'd think outside of boston and NYC they would be 2 of the better ones in the country.
frown.gif

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greyinla

Thanks. I'll keep my finger's crossed, maybe I'll get lucky. I'm staying next door, so it's not like it's out of my way.

clubbyjones

Reaction score
Looks like even the head designers are gonna take a hit with this economy! Get them while they last!

gungadin25

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I picked up a 40R Canali suit for $127 in CA (retail is $1495). The remaining clearance selection isn't very good. There is one more Canali in 40S, but the collar is torn, a few Varvatos suits, and a Polo that is marked 40R, but fits like a 44R.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
whatever might have been at arundel mills (Baltimore) is now gone. The closest I got to a find was 2 zegna eu misura suits - both gorgeous but mismarked and with mismatching trousers and jackets. The jackets were 46 longs but the trousers were marked 44 longs. Some athletic guy must have swapped them out at the original retail location. Not much else there of interest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads