• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA - Loro Piana Storm System coats at 50% off

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fyi....Nordstrom has a couple more of these Loro Piana Storm System coats left

only in 44R and 46R and only in Black for now

however, I've noticed that other sizes and colors have been popping up - especially the chocolate - which I bought and really love

one caveat - they seem to run a bit small in the shoulders, so I upsized by one (44 to 46)

if you live in San Francisco, I just returned a size 44R in chocolate to the men's dept in the SF store in the Westfield Mall. If you're a 42R normally, this is a great buy and you should call the store tomorrow to see if they can locate it.

anyway, watch this link to see if other sizes pop up because this is a steal and a half for L.P. S.S. coat

_5486659.jpg

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're really interested, look at Nordstrom Rack. I was there today & saw several Storm System coats on clearance, which was (if I remember correctly) about 70% off MSRP.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjmin209
If you're really interested, look at Nordstrom Rack. I was there today & saw several Storm System coats on clearance, which was (if I remember correctly) about 70% off MSRP.

which store?

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live over 2 hours from a nordstroms rack...if anyone sees one in 44 chocolate, I'll send a very nice bottle of wine in return for a proxy buy.

CriticalFish

Reaction score
There's a Nordstrom Rack about 15 min from me; I'll try to stop by.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be very interested if one in a 36S could be found at Nordstrom's Rack.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed, you're the king. Thanks for the tip.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landho
Ed, you're the king. Thanks for the tip.

I'm not saying that this is a bad deal, just that the LP name is obviously used by Nordsrtrom in this case to hopefully get more money for the coat. I just think that if you take away the LPSS from the name and call it "Wind/Water resistant wool coat" that it's obviously less desirable.

Anyway, I don't know the economics of LP but it would not surprise me if they made more money from these LPSS licenses (if that's what it is) then they do from selling their own LPSS branded fabrics.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's got a 'made in China' label on the coat,,, so it might be that the material is in fact Loro Piana, but they contracted out the cheap labor to get the price down

it's got a nice lining (Bemberg and wool) and my only complaint is the fit in the shoulders and the cut in general is one size too small (unless you're skinny)

in any case, the chocolate colored one looks fantastic, especially at that price

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads