Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA- John Lobb

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jerrybrowne, May 22, 2011.

1. tj100

tj100 Senior member

Man, he's got a few pairs that would work for me. But it's pretty much full retail price, yes. Which is fine for the right pair, but I'd rather get the non seconds directly from JL

There are some out there (NIB Vale in 8E Chestnut Museum) that I'd pay a premium to retail for - maybe even for seconds. But a current shoe that I could just call the store for? What's the point?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thats very dangerous. Might find it hard to get that kind of $$ back. If you flood the market, especially with an item that has limited interest (men / size / color / style all gotta be right to garner a bid) you often cant get enough bids.

I'd prefer to sit on the stock and sell them slowly. Classic shoes dont go out of style.

Hes not going to get his current asking prices on the dogs. Sell the cream high, let the dogs go and move on. He overdid it.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Hes not going to get his current asking prices on the dogs. Sell the cream high, let the dogs go and move on. He overdid it.

I'm sorry Spoo, but you're not giving Ascot the proper credit. The guy sold many shoes, and sold them sky high. He just added some nice new St. C's JL's, but most of the rest of the shoes are the left overs...

The guy cleaned up.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'm sorry Spoo, but you're not giving Ascot the proper credit. The guy sold many shoes, and sold them sky high. He just added some nice new St. C's JL's, but most of the rest of the shoes are the left overs...

The guy cleaned up.

Maybe Im not. I glanced at completeds for him a few weeks ago, didnt see all that much. Maybe I need to go back further. Just lately I feel I see the same inventory week after week.

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Maybe Im not. I glanced at completeds for him a few weeks ago, didnt see all that much. Maybe I need to go back further. Just lately I feel I see the same inventory week after week.

Ascot has been selling the same stock basically for the past 6 months or so.

As mentioned, what's left, with the exception of the JL St C's are basically what's left.

6. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Phucking obscenely priced and why pay 'rack rate' - it is not like there is a shortage of St Crepins..

7. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Any word on when the JL sale is?

8. Jangofett

Jangofett Senior member

Looks like Ascot shoes has been busy- big listing of John Lobbs, including St. Crispin, on ebay.

I thought you meant St Crispin of Austria. It turns out to be Lobb's St Crepin I think.
    Anyway, selling those at $1,500 for seconds really made me choke for a second.

9. Jangofett

Jangofett Senior member

Should just go full bangers $1 no reserve and reinvest in something else.

He did that once. There was a frenzy bidding and it was sold cheaper than his original selling price.

As it turns out, the same pair, Lobbs Museum Calf finish, was sold by another seller (on this forum too!), and I bought 2 pairs from him at a cheaper price than Ascots.

These sellers probably got the shoes from JL factory sale, so there is more than 1 pair floating around unless Ascots bought the whole damn lot.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

What is the lowest offer that he takes?

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

13. SpooPoker

IIRC, theres like a 5% window that he accepts below his asking price. Not a whole lot at all.

14. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Yeah he's a greedy seller. His mark ups are ridiculous on seconds.

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Yeah he's a greedy seller. His mark ups are ridiculous on seconds.

Ignorance is bliss[​IMG]