• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA, japanese selvege denim jeans at gap $78

azzkikr9

Reaction score
walked into Gap yesterday and to my susprise found a new batch of japanese selvage jeans in a low rise straight fit jean, rich indigo blue.

sayocean

Reaction score
surprisingly they had hidden rivets which I thought were unusual and quality seemed better than their previous attempts aka williamsburg from last year. The denim felt pretty light though and if anything, they were one rinse. If they go on sale, it would be a good beater pair or first dry selvage pair for someone who doesn't want to pay the premium price just yet. Fit was decent, size 28 fit slightly bigger than what I expected.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The original GAP Gough, made 2 years ago, are still the best among GAP selvedge jeans. Which, of course, isn't saying much, sadly.

danilo

Reaction score
I honestly wanted to get some cheaper denim... but at $78 it's just not worth it.

I'm on my second pair of Flat heads and I've had a pair of Good Societies as well (which I sold).

I went to check out other jeans, and they just don't feel good anymore. The denim is too thin and soft in most cases. I imagine this Gap denim is the same. I'd rather get a slightly used pair of Samurais, Pure Blue Japan, or some RRL's (which can be had under $100 on ebay)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 86 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%