• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA:J.Crew 20%-30% discount

mcqueen

Reaction score
J.Crew is having an online Thanksgiving sale. Spend over $150 for 20% discount,$200 for 25% discount, $250 for 30% discount. Sale ends this Saturday at midnight. All info at jcrew.com
I didn't know where to post this, so feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.

lpresq

Reaction score
They sent out a $25 off $125 with their latest catalog. However, it seems the quality of JCrew/BR/Polo continues to decline, yet their prices sky-rocket. Jcrew and Polo shirts used to last for years, but now you're lucky to get a season out of them.....kinda sad, actually.

AgentQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
They sent out a $25 off $125 with their latest catalog. However, it seems the quality of JCrew/BR/Polo continues to decline, yet their prices sky-rocket. Jcrew and Polo shirts used to last for years, but now you're lucky to get a season out of them.....kinda sad, actually.
Having owned all manner of polo shirt brands, my favorite (don't shoot) is the Old Navy 'classic pique polo.' It is incredibly durable, and the cotton quality is actually quite nice.
EDIT: I just realized I may have mixed up 'Polo shirts' and 'polo shirts.' To clarify I like Old Navy's polos more than Polo polos, but that is certainly not the case for dress shirts... I don't think Old Navy even makes those.

JR_Rider

Reaction score

It's interesting that you say that. I have numerous Polo dress shirts and think that they hold up well. They are all still in very good condition and have been worn multiple times. Polo's prices have gotten exorbitant though!! I remember about four or five years ago when Purple Label shirts were $295, then up to $325, then $365 I believe and now they are all the way up to $395. I mean I know times are hard but wow!! LOL!!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still a fan of J.Crew shirts. Their OCBD's are great for casual wear, and I also enjoy their polos and linen shirts. My biggest complaint is the inconsistency of their shirt sizing.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^+1

I generally go find them in store to try on... and they're usually on sale for ~15-20 a piece.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 269 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40