• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA. Isaia 40r suit in london

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just incase any of you have a hankering for a gorgeous suit, there is (well there was at 3.30 this afternoon) a stunning quarter lined suit in a subtle light grey POW fabric in the TK Maxx just below the Tottenham Court Road tube station...£399, I think. Basted sleeves with the buttons in the inner pocket and ribbon to tape the heel of the trousers once hemmed. It had a red label and was Base 8 If IRC? to small for Me!!
musicboohoo[1].gif
Good luck! -TTO

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how tall are you TTO? From some of your pics that I've seen in the last I'm amazed that 40r is too small for you!

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loathing
how tall are you TTO? From some of your pics that I've seen in the last I'm amazed that 40r is too small for you!

I take a 42long or a slim 44long...although in SuitSupply's Tom-Ford-alike suits the 46Long seemed to be the one...My masive gorrilla head and narrow for my size shoulders decieve in photo's, I'm 6'4" and around 250 pounds
ffffuuuu.gif

TK Maxx is indeed the British TJ Maxx, for some reason the 'J' insults our Nation?
There was a lovely mid blue POW Check Zegna sportscoat there as well!
-TTO

bewing77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
You mean crisps?

That's what americans call "potato chips".

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two light grey half-lined Isaia summer suits in the TK Maxx in Gracechurch St in the City of London, on 44R and one 48R (UK sizing - add 10 for EU). Both £399 and BNWT with the baste stitching still on them.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait. TK Maxx has Isaia? I've only been into a store once and saw nothing good. Does stock vary based on location, with London and larger cities more likely to have the top stuff?

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
Wait. TK Maxx has Isaia? I've only been into a store once and saw nothing good. Does stock vary based on location, with London and larger cities more likely to have the top stuff?

They had a quite a bit of 'good stuff' (Loro Piana, Kiton, Brioni, Isaia) but judging from the labels it was all from the same store so I'm guessing someone went into liquidation and TK Maxx brought up all the stock. It's only available in the stores with 'Gold Label' ranges (i.e. the better brands) and I think it's been there for a little while so pickings may be slim. You're certainly not going to walk in off the street and have a choice of Isaia suits in your size and different colours.

Oh, and for any bigtimers (in more than one sense of the word) reading, they had a Kiton 14 Mil light grey suit in about a 50 or 52 for £492 down from £4800.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an update post - TK Maxx in Hammersmith has these three Isaia suits at £399 and the Kiton half-lined jacket at £483.

IMG00325-20110608-1240.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads