• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA Invertere tweed overcoat Alpaca?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
See here for an Invertere tweed overcoat on ebay.
CE7UMD6NUFH9.jpg

The seller notes that it has a "faux fur" lining. Based on an overcoat I have, it looks to me like it is an Alpaca wool pile lining. But it could be plain wool pile, too.
DAF2QBUBCTM3.jpg

Really cool buttons as well - Stag's head relief, probably made of horn:
976XNWYTEHFD.jpg

If this were a lot cheaper, I would buy it for the buttons.
Needless to say, I don't know this seller and have no idea as to the condition of the item or the accuracy of the measurements. And don't blame me if there is dog poop in the pockets.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Evil dwarf.

Those stags head buttons are similar to ones on the Squire that I have...and those are carved horn.

- B

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I dig the coat, but for me it's like one of those circles they make you look at to determine if you're colorblind. I can kinda tell there's a pattern in the first pic, but I can't actually see it. Is the coat orange and green? Orange and brown?

Those are nifty buttons.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Evil dwarf.

Those stags head buttons are similar to ones on the Squire that I have...and those are carved horn.

- B

I bet they are stamped. Carving is a lot of work, and I believe horn is malleable when steamed or heated. The cross hatching would be a good way to hide the stamper marks. Not sure, though.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I bet they are stamped. Carving is a lot of work, and I believe horn is malleable when steamed or heated. The cross hatching would be a good way to hide the stamper marks. Not sure, though.

Hmmm...I'll check when I get home, but you've already convinced me 99% because now that I think about it, the bas relief is a bit too consistent button to button.

Still nice and not something you would find unless you had it made up.

- B

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Hmmm...I'll check when I get home, but you've already convinced me 99% because now that I think about it, the bas relief is a bit too consistent button to button.

Still nice and not something you would find unless you had it made up.

- B

If you happen to need an overcoat, this is a pretty nice one if it fits and is in decent condition.

I bought three overcoats this season, when I really needed none, so there is just no way I can consider this.

But the buttons are really nice.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I bought three overcoats this season, when I really needed none, so there is just no way I can consider this.

I see that you are goading me.

- B

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dopey, Vox- mind pm'ing me a resource for quality buttons? I have a suit arriving next month that I'd like to do something nice with the buttons.

Thanks

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I dig the coat, but for me it's like one of those circles they make you look at to determine if you're colorblind. I can kinda tell there's a pattern in the first pic, but I can't actually see it. Is the coat orange and green? Orange and brown?

Those are nifty buttons.

Doc- the ground is light tan. it is a houndstooth, with the tooth comprised primarily of a dark gree/loden, a sage green amd a brown. The window pane is a rust/burnt orange on the vertical and a brighter, almost salmon, on the horizontal.

valeriew

Reaction score
yes it is alpaca, and the buttons are real horn, the quality is top notch even down to the material all running the same even on the pockets. Invertere and westcountry clothing were the same company

markbao

Reaction score
Not a fan... color and collar aren't my type.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads