• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: If you come and visit DC learn how to ride the metro

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
so its the time when tons of tourists flock to dc, and that's great, but inevitably most of them make traveling on the metro a living hell

- do not stand on both sides of the escalators talking in german
- do not bring your ******* uncollapsed baby stroller on to the train, and then leave it in a cramped aisle, then act shocked and offended when people need to get by

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Stay to the right on the ******* escalator if you're going to stand and ride it all the way up. Some of us live here and are going to proceed to walk up the left side and don't want to have to remove your incompetent ass from our path.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
- if you are going to buy a fair card, do it, don't tie up a machine then spend 20 minutes trying to figure out how much money you need to put on. you can do that first.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the Metro, and ride it whenever I'm there. However, I do hate the experience on it in summer.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tend to buy day passes, then go all over the district.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Tourist will always act like...tourists. It's okay. They bring money to the local economy and no matter how cool you think you are, when you travel, there will be times you act like a tourist too. It's okay. Somethings about being a tourist are fun. If they weren't, there'd be no tourists.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you come to DC, please be sure not to inconvenience Teger. Even delaying him by a couple seconds on the Metro costs him an unacceptable amount.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Tourist will always act like...tourists. It's okay. They bring money to the local economy and no matter how cool you think you are, when you travel, there will be times you act like a tourist too. It's okay. Somethings about being a tourist are fun. If they weren't, there'd be no tourists.

I don't know if you realize how simplistic the DC metro system is. For example, tonight, there were 3 seperate couples using riding the escalators with their strollers, blocking both sides and inconveniencing about 75 people.

The solution? use the ******* elevators. There are HUGE signs pointing towards them.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is a metro and how do you ride it?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
have oyu ever seen the magic schoolbus show? its like that.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
have oyu ever seen the magic schoolbus show? its like that.
This bus?

the_magic_school_bus.jpg

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

Do you people not have ******* trees in Oklahoma?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Seriously. Do you people not have ******* trees in Oklahoma?
I drove through a part of Oklahoma once, and no, they do not have trees. Why do you ask?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I drove through a part of Oklahoma once, and no, they do not have trees. Why do you ask?
The influx of midwesterners is due to D.C.'s cherry blossom trees blooming. The metro today was hell. To anyone who thinks Teger is overreacting- I was on the metro today too, and if anything he is understating the case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads