• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Hickey Freeman on Amazon

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi:

After pulling the trigger myself, I want to recomend taking a look on the HF items on Amazon. Good Discounts on suits, ties, shirts, etc. I specially dig the suits. USD ~300 for the 1k+ suits and the knitted ties

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12315443...p%5F4%3AHickey

My personal damage was 3 ties, a herringbone suit and a sweater...

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$300 for a $1k HF is not a tremendous deal IMO. Which HF line are they?

Walt190

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up a Navy Chalk.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they're the mainline w/ canvas construction $300 is good. That's usually my benchmark for what I'll pay for an HF suit in random stripe patterns. Solids usually go higher. If it's the Ltd. line it's not quite as good a deal, but still better than anything you're going to get at JAB or Men's Wearhouse for that money.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a lot of the Hickey Style items for sale. I just ordered this suit:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001INBHVO

At hickey's web site, its on sale for $358. At amazon, its $298.

A ton of the Hickey Style shirts for under $50 as well.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some good tie deals.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
There are indeed some great tie deals. I actually just received a few pairs of pants. I picked up the flat front HF cords in brown and british khaki, and the flat front HF herringbone wool pants in charcoal and chocolate (all size 32). I was amazingly suprised at these pants -- they have a pretty standard dress pant rise but are trim fitting -- they fit a lot like Incotex & RLPL flat fronts. The herringbone wool is actually sort of a mid-weight wool with a slightly brushed finish. Not flannel, but a good fall/winter/early spring pant nonetheless. I might end up selling the chocolate pair on here, because I was expecting a light weight wool (I already have a brown herringbone pant for fall/winter wear).

I highly recommend.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HalfCanvas
There are indeed some great tie deals. I actually just received a few pairs of pants. I picked up the flat front HF cords in brown and british khaki, and the flat front HF herringbone wool pants in charcoal and chocolate (all size 32). I was amazingly suprised at these pants -- they have a pretty standard dress pant rise but are trim fitting -- they fit a lot like Incotex & RLPL flat fronts. The herringbone wool is actually sort of a mid-weight wool with a slightly brushed finish. Not flannel, but a good fall/winter/early spring pant nonetheless. I might end up selling the chocolate pair on here, because I was expecting a light weight wool (I already have a brown herringbone pant for fall/winter wear).

I highly recommend.

Is the charcoal color very dark, as the swatch appears? Also, do they have a split-waist construction? Thanks.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
The swatch on Amazon is super dark. The pants I got are a pretty light version of charcoal. Ironically, the chocolates are darker in real life than the picture.

In terms of the waistband, they do not have split back construction. The waistband is interesting though -- the interior is actually the same wool fabric, with a blue grosgrain-type strip at the bottom.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HalfCanvas
The swatch on Amazon is super dark. The pants I got are a pretty light version of charcoal. Ironically, the chocolates are darker in real life than the picture.

In terms of the waistband, they do not have split back construction. The waistband is interesting though -- the interior is actually the same wool fabric, with a blue grosgrain-type strip at the bottom.

Thanks for the info and quick reply. Sounds like the charcoal is more of a mid grey, huh? One last question...how would you characterize the cords on a wide-fine wale scale? Thanks.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
I counted 12 wales per inch. The fabric is nice a sturdy too -- not too shiny. They were exactly what I was looking for.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
And the charcoal is not quite a mid-grey, but it tends toward that. I'd call it light charcoal.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
My 32's measure 32.5" in the waist. But, like I said, they are a fairly trim fitting pant, so if you have disproportionately big thighs or something, they might run a bit on the small side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads